Thinking Out Loud - Ms. Green

Commentaries from a female, conservative Christian worldview. Intermittent observations on human behavior and current events. Occasional bursts of personal tirades,confessions, and discoveries. Frequent discussions about my "Narrow-Minded Faith".

<< Back to Main Page

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Night Visitor

I live in a suburb close to the bayou. We have a lot of wildlife that co-habitates with us - there are plenty of trees, shrubs, water etc. for both humans and animals to exist in harmony.

We have a lot of interesting birds come thru at this time of the year, and I have both conventional and hummer bird feeders out in strategic places around my home. Since my home office has a window looking out into a semi-flora covered area of the yard, I decided to buy one of those bird feeders that suction cups to the window so I can watch birds up close while I type away on my computer.

The other night I was cruising random blogs when I suddenly had the sensation that someone was watching me. You know the feeling. I looked around out through the door to my office down the hall toward the front of the house - but no one was there. I shrugged off the feeling, but it soon came back. I turned toward the door again, but no one. Then as I turned back toward my computer something caught my eye in the window.

There was someone looking at me. And they had beady little eyes too.

Where are the neighbor's cats when you need them?





Labels:

Continue reading..

1 Comments:

At 10:29 PM, Blogger nanc said...

we lost an entire family of five scarlett tanagers to a skunk this summer right outside the sliding glass window in our bedroom - we'd been carefully watching them for weeks and then one evening the stench of skunk came wafting through the door and the next day no more baby tanagers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home