Thinking Out Loud - Ms. Green

Commentaries from a female, conservative Christian worldview. Intermittent observations on human behavior and current events. Occasional bursts of personal tirades,confessions, and discoveries. Frequent discussions about my "Narrow-Minded Faith".

<< Back to Main Page

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

My Narrow-Minded Faith

I’m sometimes criticized for my “narrow-minded” view of God and my belief that my God is the one true God, and that Jesus Christ is the only way to heaven. I’m told by some that there are many paths to God and that He reveals Himself to different cultures in different ways.

But you see, I would not be true to the God I believe in if I espoused those same notions about “many paths to God” that I hear so often. I would not be a true follower.

DIFFERENT PATHS TO GOD?
My God makes it clear that He IS the only God, and that Jesus IS the only way. As for my background, I’m an American of both European and American Indian descent. Because of the ministry I'm involved in, I have Christian friends around the world -Singapore, Korea, Japan, the United Arab Emirates, Italy, Germany, the Philippines, etc. and yes I have Jewish Christian friends and American Indian Christian friends as well; - all different cultures, but with the same faith in the one True God. The Bible was originally presented to the Jews, with the purpose of being spread throughout the world. So there’s no mention in Scripture of God’s plan being to reveal Himself to different cultures in different ways. In fact, He said just the opposite:

And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.” Mark 16:15

“…It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.” Acts 13:46


OTHER GODS?
Following are just a very few of the literally hundreds of verses that tell me that I am to worship no other god.

I am to submit to no other god.
I am to refuse to participate in any homage to any other god.
He makes no concessions for “other paths”.

Ye are My witnesses, saith the LORD, and My servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe Me, and understand that I am He: before Me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after Me.” Isaiah 43:10

Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and His redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside Me there is no God.” Isaiah 44:6

Look unto Me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.” Isaiah 45:22

Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the LORD He is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else.” Deuteronomy 4:39

That all the people of the earth may know that the LORD is God, and that there is none else.” I Kings 8:60

I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt have no other gods before Me.” Exodus 20:2-3


Take heed to thyself that thou be not snared by following them, after that they be destroyed from before thee; and that thou enquire not after their gods, saying, How did these nations serve their gods? even so will I do likewise.” Deuteronomy 12:30


GOD DEMANDS FAITHFULNESS
Not only am I not to worship other gods, but God makes it clear that I could draw His wrath by doing anything other than worshipping Him and Him alone.

Because of their wickedness which they have committed to provoke Me to anger, in that they went to burn incense, and to serve other gods, whom they knew not, neither they, ye, nor your fathers. Howbeit I sent unto you all My servants the prophets, rising early and sending them, saying, Oh, do not this abominable thing that I hate. But they hearkened not, nor inclined their ear to turn from their wickedness, to burn no incense unto other gods. Wherefore My fury and Mine anger was poured forth, and was kindled in the cities of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem; and they are wasted and desolate, as at this day.” Jeremiah 44:3-6


Here's one that a lot of people today should be thankful is not enforced:

And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him: as well the stranger, as he that is born in the land, when he blasphemeth the name of the Lord, shall be put to death.” Leviticus 24:16

WHEN WE TURN OUR BACKS ON GOD
God makes it clear that if we abandon Him, He will not keep His hand of protection upon us. As a nation, if we do not honor God, and we allow ourselves to be subject to false gods, we are destined for destruction. And when destruction comes, God will not protect us.

And He shall say, Where are their gods, their rock in whom they trusted, … let them rise up and help you, and be your protection.” Deuteronomy 32:37-38

That is why I was so upset to have a pagan priest praying on behalf of our country and our leadership.

THERE IS NOT OTHER WAY TO GOD BUT THROUGH JESUS
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me.” John 14:6


CHRISTIANS NEED TO BE BOLD ABOUT THEIR FAITH
If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.” II Chronicles 7:14

God wants us to turn back to Him. If only we would.

O that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear Me, and keep all My commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever!” Deuteronomy 5:29

WHAT GOD DO YOU WORSHIP?
If you are reading this and still thinking that I am very narrow-minded and that all religions are equal, then I would ask this question. Is the god you serve willing to share his glory and worship with false gods? Is the god you serve a “politically correct” god? Is your god not a holy and just god? Is your god not that holy, that he can accept unpunished sin into his presence in heaven?

Then maybe you are worshipping the wrong god.

WHAT MY GOD HAS DONE FOR ME
My God suffered and died on a cross to pay for my sins so that I could spend eternity in heaven.
Allah didn't die for me.
Buddha didn't die for me.
Vishnu didn't die for me.
Confucius didn't die for me.
No Wiccan priestess, no animal deity, no Kami died for me.
Only Jesus Christ did that. And then to prove He was God He literally came back to life from the dead. So how can I possibly accept that there is any other way but His?

IN CLOSING
You may say I’m narrow minded. But I believe what I believe. I make no apologies for that. God has promised me salvation at the end of that narrow road.

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.” Matthew 7:13-14

Broad is the way that leadeth to destruction.
Narrow is the way which leadeth unto life.

I choose life.

Labels: , ,

Continue reading..

16 Comments:

At 9:09 AM, Blogger Angella214 said...

Amen! Well said!

Please keep my in your prayers for the next week...today through Monday as I finish preparing for the exam (as it gets closer the stress level is getting higher, and I keep having to remind myself to calm down and focus, and that God's in control of it all)...and then Tueseday through Thursday of next week (24-26), as I'll actually be taking the exam.

Thanks in advance!
-Angella

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Donetta said...

Amen!! Awesome post!

 
At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Narrow Minded? I'm ok with that, as you stated Jesus himself said THE way to heaven was a Narrow Road and few will find it!

One path leads to heaven, not all these different routes that people want to take, Inclusion doctrine is a heresy straight from the mouth of Satan. Jesus said, "I'm the way, the truth and the Life, no one comes to the Father but by Me"

I think that makes it pretty clear!

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger Marshal Art said...

Even more frustrating, is defending one's beliefs against other "Christians".

Awesome blog, Ms. Green. I'm adding you to my blog roll.

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger Ms.Green said...

Thanks for the encouragement, guys. And Martial Art, thanks for the vote of confidence!!

Robert - its clear to us, but to the lost world it's not. They're blinded, like it says in II Corinthians 4:4:

"In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them."

 
At 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the danger of these false doctrines, and I have been there, in my years that I rebelled against God, and followed after my flesh, but something in my spirit, never felt comfortable, though I tried harder and harder to deny God.

Thank goodness God never gives up on us, like we often give up on HIM.

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Ms.Green said...

Robert, you have no idea what an inspiration you are to me and I'm sure to others. You are right. God is ever faithful - even when we aren't.

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Eric said...

Robert wrote:

"That's the danger of these false doctrines, and I have been there, in my years that I rebelled against God, and followed after my flesh, but something in my spirit, never felt comfortable, though I tried harder and harder to deny God.

Thank goodness God never gives up on us, like we often give up on HIM."


And that perfectly describes my own journey.

Thank you Ms Green. Beautifully written.

 
At 8:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN!! I'm linking you also.

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Larry McCallister, Jr. said...

Amen! Amen! Amen!

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Rose~ said...

I share your narrow-minded faith!

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Ms.Green said...

Hi, Rose,

Glad to meet another sister! Thanks for stopping by.

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Your insight is absolutely amazing Ms. Green. I'll be e-mailing you a document that I believe would interest you. I would love to hear what you think about it. Its fact based apparently and has an extremely controversial theory. Your feedback on said document would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Bubba

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger Ms.Green said...

Hi Bubba,

I'm looking forward to reading this mysterious document.

Thanks for stopping by.

 
At 11:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suppose you just defined the essence of faith. Being narrow-minded is not a bad thing when it comes to religion. One must be narrow-minded to a point in order to truly believe in something and follow it. However, it is in finding the balance between the two frames of mind that we can truly carry out God's work. We must always keep our minds open to people of different faiths, not in accepting their ideals but showing them the path we feel so strongly is right. It is important toremember that if we cast out those who question us, call us names, accuse us of narrow-mindedness, we condem them to death.

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Ms.Green said...

Excellent points, Anon. Especially the part about casting out those who are not believers. I am witnessing to several agnostics over the last few months and they have been willing to at least listen to what I have to say because I treat them with love. I can't say though, that if someone repeatedly insults me and is vicious in their attacks, that I'm going to waste a lot of time on them - because we only get saved when God draws us and we respond. Someone with hatred and who viciously attacks Christians is not being drawn - at least at the moment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home