Thinking Out Loud - Ms. Green

Commentaries from a female, conservative Christian worldview. Intermittent observations on human behavior and current events. Occasional bursts of personal tirades,confessions, and discoveries. Frequent discussions about my "Narrow-Minded Faith".

<< Back to Main Page

Saturday, June 14, 2008

More on Homosexual Activism?

I have posted a lot lately on issues concerning homosexuality. On the one hand, one might say “Move on, Ms Green. There are other issues pertaining to your Christian worldview besides this one.”

I wish I could move on. There’s just one problem. Daily, I wake up to some new report of homosexuals gaining ground in their goal to force acceptance of, or better yet, affirmation of, their perversion. Things are escalating so that I fully expect to be visiting my pastor in jail within the next few years because he dared to read a passage from the Bible condemning the sin of homosexuality during a sermon. Don’t think it will get to that point, do you?

I read this yesterday: Homosexuality takes congress by Storm

I’m not sure I agree with the title of this article. There are presently some 435 congressmen in the house of representatives. 52 is a little less than 9% of the total, which is not by any means “storming” Congress. However, this formation of a caucus for promoting sexual perversion rights is disturbing, especially in light of the recent occurrences in our nearby neighbor Canada concerning the stifling of individuals’ (Christians’) rights to voice their opposition to the gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender lifestyles.

In researching the two Republicans who crossed party lines to join in the new caucus, I discovered that Ros-Lehtinen is a "solidly conservative Republican", although she sides with liberal Democrats on one social issue: gay rights.

As for Christopher Shays, the Washington Blade(a homosexual newspaper)says, “Shays emerges as reliable backer of gay rights”.


Where is the church in all this? A look at the “spirituality” section of the Washington Blade answers this question for us.

A great many churches are in apostasy. They have become false harlot churches with the code words “affirming” and “inclusive” embedded in their false doctrines.

Here are a few churches advertising in the Washington Blades’ “spirituality” section:

WASHINGTON PLAZA BAPTIST CHURCH, a Christ-centered, welcoming and affirming community church in Reston, Va.

CITY OF REFUGE D.C., an affirming congregation for all God's people, meets at Amistad St. Paul United Church Of Christ,

INNER LIGHT MINISTRIES, African-American, all-affirming, Christ-centered church.

NATIONAL CITY CHRISTIAN CHURCH (Disciples of Christ). Open and affirming.

CHURCH OF THE EPIPHANY, a diverse and inclusive

MCC FREDERICKSBURG. A Christian church that celebrates gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, questioning and affirming communities.

FIRST & ST. STEPHEN'S United Church of Christ, an open and affirming congregation

Numerous denominations are listed. Baptist, Catholic, Church of Christ, Episcopalian, Presbyterian. There are Jewish and Buddist listings there, along with Divination groups and Unitarians.

Code words: affirming and inclusive.
Meaning: We don’t teach that homosexuality and fornication are sin. We cater to “itching ears”.

I can’t move on. No Christian should. God help us if we don’t start becoming more vocal. Or should I say, if we don’t start becoming more vocal, God won’t help us.

Labels: ,

Continue reading..

9 Comments:

At 9:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please keep speaking out. People need to hear it.

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Ms.Green said...

I think I'm going to take a break. I need to focus on something else for a while anyway.

 
At 12:58 AM, Blogger Marshal Art said...

Breaks are fine. I don't think we can take long ones, though. Just this past Thursday, after our monthly council meeting, I was talking to my pastor regarding his attendance at a recent Illinois Conference Meeting. This is in the UCC. Now, my pastor is NOT a very conservative guy, though we get on famously. In any case, he expressed great sadness at the prevailing attitudes witnessed at the event. As another fellow stated, he being a recent seminary graduate, "for people who say they are gay, they aren't very happy".

My pastor also said that many of the other UCC congregations in the surrounding towns don't much care for our church because we haven't advertised ourselves as "open and affirming". I guess we're mean.

I would really like for our congregation to break away from the UCC. There are other issues with which I greatly disagree. There are two factions within the UCC that are trying to fight this push for homosex acceptance. One is Biblical Witness, a conservative group with their own newsletter. The other is "Faithful and Welcoming" born during the time right after a recent synod that resolved to support homosex marriage. After this resolution, around 200 congregations left the UCC. Faithful and Welcoming seeks to keep the denomination together and fight the tragedy from within. At present, I don't think either group is doing too well. The UCC is proud to be the first denom to ordain an openly gay dude. It's part of their marketing. *sigh*

Over at Neil's, I believe it was, someone wondered that we conservative Christians don't speak out on other sins as strongly, such as adultery or whatever. I guess should anyone supporting other sins seeks to have our nation change it's laws to accomodate them, we'll give those the same attention.

OK. Breaktime's only 15 minutes(lunch--half hour) then back to work!

 
At 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for you, Mrs. Green, and hoping that you read the words of Jesus Christ himself. He is the Way, and the Way is to love your neighbor. I am not gay, but my gay brothers and sisters love Christ as much as I do, and Christ loves them as fervently and abundantly as He loves me.

Would that you could teach more love than hate and realize that your gay brothers and sisters in Christ have been blessed as much as you have.

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Ms.Green said...

Anne,

I appreciate your thoughts, but you must know that in order to be saved one must repent of ALL of his or her sins - including homosexuality and fornication.

A practicing, unrepentant homosexual cannot be saved anymore than a practicing unrepentant adulterer, liar, fornicator, or(fill-in-the-blank sin).

If who you call your gay brothers and sisters in Christ are being blessed, it's not by God. Unrepentant sin of a born again Christian is chastised by God - that's a promise from Him.

I have never said I hate homosexuals. You won't find that anywhere in the 300 something plus posts I've written.

God IS love and showed the ultimate love by dying on the cross for us - but His love will not be mocked or assumed upon. Only true repentance, which is a sorrow for and willingness to turn from all sin and follow Him, will be accepted from our Holy and just God.

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger DeadMule said...

Ann is right

"I'll be praying for you, Mrs. Green, and hoping that you read the words of Jesus Christ himself. He is the Way, and the Way is to love your neighbor. I am not gay, but my gay brothers and sisters love Christ as much as I do, and Christ loves them as fervently and abundantly as He loves me.

Would that you could teach more love than hate and realize that your gay brothers and sisters in Christ have been blessed as much as you have."

You are playing God.

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Ms.Green said...

"You are playing God."

It would seem to me that I am not the one playing God, as I am only repeating what God's Word says. You on the other hand are telling me what you think.

I have a question for you.

Do you think fornication is a sin according to the Bible?

If you say no, then that basically tells me that you don't really believe the Bible. That is your decision, but you can't really argue that I'm playing God because I'm repeating what my God that I believe in has said plainly in His Word.

If you say yes, then that presents a whole new problem, because fornication and promiscuity are rampant among homosexuals. This is sin according to what my God that I believe in has said plainly in His Word. Which takes us back to what I said in my previous post:

Only true repentance, which is a sorrow for and willingness to turn from all sin and follow Him, will be accepted from our Holy and just God.

 
At 12:29 AM, Blogger Marshal Art said...

Bear in mind, Anne and Deadmule, that to backslide, that is, to struggle with a compulsion is different than to willingly engage.

I would add that there are many who claim to love Christ who fail to realize that they must do so on His terms, not their's, and to pretend what was clearly taught to be sinful in the Bible as being something God would bless, is creating a false god.

 
At 6:23 AM, Blogger Ms.Green said...

"I would add that there are many who claim to love Christ who fail to realize that they must do so on His terms, not their's, and to pretend what was clearly taught to be sinful in the Bible as being something God would bless, is creating a false god.

Marshal is right. You are creating God in your image, which is a form of idolatry.


"I acknowledge my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and Thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah.

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.


"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity".

"...ye that work iniquity." -The original language here indicates a continuous, unrepentant sin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home