Thinking Out Loud - Ms. Green

Commentaries from a female, conservative Christian worldview. Intermittent observations on human behavior and current events. Occasional bursts of personal tirades,confessions, and discoveries. Frequent discussions about my "Narrow-Minded Faith".

<< Back to Main Page

Thursday, July 13, 2006

When "Charity" doesn't equal "Love"

Microsoft already aggravates me on a regular basis with its marketing strategies designed to force us to spend money unnecessarily. I recently tried to install software for one particular MS program on a computer only to find out that because the version of Office I had was 2000, I could not install the one software program I wanted on the computer because it was a version 2003. In other words, to get the one software program I wanted, I had to upgrade the whole MS Office Package! But I digress… Now on to Bill Gates' charity...

Warren Buffett caused a lot of excitement recently by announcing that he was giving away the majority of his fortune to charity – specifically to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. It was while reading the articles on Buffett’s decision that I learned that the Gates Foundation has donated over 32 million dollars to Planned Parenthood- both the US and International branches. Sad to see that a man that has been so blessed with wealth in this life would turn around and donate dollars to the slaughtering of innocents. And now with Buffett's donation, even more butchering can take place. Wonder if Buffett thinks he's winning brownie points with God? (Matthew 16:26)

There is an irony in this. The word "charity" is used in the KJV Bible to represent the word "love" ( I Corinthians 13:1-8). The Bill and Melinda Gates "Love"...has a nice ring to it, as it promotes the destruction of unborn children worldwide.

My Mac friends are going to end up convincing me to come over to their side.

Scripture References:

For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?” Matthew 16:26

"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. Charity never faileth..." I Corinthians 13:1-8

Labels:

Continue reading..

3 Comments:

At 7:08 PM, Blogger Al-Ozarka said...

Great info, Ms. Green! Thanks.

This "charity" merger by Buffet and Gates is a little scary, treally!

 
At 8:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wasn't sure what all the BG Foundation put their money into and have been suspicious of the whole Buffet/Gates thing. This just makes it all the more convincing to stay with Mac, even though my hubby is the one that is the real fan of them. I'm enjoying the blog~keep it up!

 
At 7:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bought a new Dell a few years back with windows XP installed. I soon found out that it didn't have spell check in it. But at the Mircrosoft sight I found a download for the spell check and it has worked well ever since. But to market XP without spell check so you have to buy the more expensive XP office is a real bummer. I have had to down load a bunch of drivers and programs to get what I need. A lot of my old real good windows products are now in file 13 because they won't work on this new XP. But that is the way of the biggies and we can expect a lot more of this in the name of security or something.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home