Thinking Out Loud - Ms. Green

Commentaries from a female, conservative Christian worldview. Intermittent observations on human behavior and current events. Occasional bursts of personal tirades,confessions, and discoveries. Frequent discussions about my "Narrow-Minded Faith".

<< Back to Main Page

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Imprecatory Prayer

Over at “Oh How I Love Jesus”, there is a great post suggesting that we are at a point in this nation where we need to seriously call out to God and use imprecatory prayer in doing so. Not sure what that is? Be sure to check out the post for an explanation.

Psalm 69 is one of my favorites in this category:

(excerpt):
They that hate me without a cause are more than the hairs of mine head: they that would destroy me, being mine enemies wrongfully, are mighty: then I restored that which I took not away. O God, thou knowest my foolishness; and my sins are not hid from thee. Let not them that wait on thee, O Lord GOD of hosts, be ashamed for my sake: let not those that seek thee be confounded for my sake, O God of Israel…But as for me, my prayer is unto thee, O LORD, in an acceptable time: O God, in the multitude of thy mercy hear me, in the truth of thy salvation… Let their table become a snare before them: and that which should have been for their welfare, let it become a trap. Let their eyes be darkened, that they see not; and make their loins continually to shake. Pour out thine indignation upon them, and let thy wrathful anger take hold of them. Let their habitation be desolate; and let none dwell in their tents…Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, and not be written with the righteous…The humble shall see this, and be glad: and your heart shall live that seek God.”

Labels:

Continue reading..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home