Thinking Out Loud - Ms. Green

Commentaries from a female, conservative Christian worldview. Intermittent observations on human behavior and current events. Occasional bursts of personal tirades,confessions, and discoveries. Frequent discussions about my "Narrow-Minded Faith".

<< Back to Main Page

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Facing the Giants

Went to see Facing the Giants. The Hollywood critics were way too hard on this one, but we all know why.

Yes, it's true - the acting was not the "polished" professional acting that a $20,000,000-a-movie actor gives us (although that in itself is arguable - Julia Roberts commands that much per movie and I don't think she's worth it myself),and there were a very few somewhat weak scenes,but overall I thought all the characters were very believable, and a couple of them really shined. My hat is off to every one of them. I can tell you that from the reaction of the other movie goers, along with the reactions from my family and myself, the movie is a hit. Very few times have I seen a movie audience clap and cheer at the end of a flick like they did in the theatre we visited.

Hollywood just doesn't get it. There ARE still Christians in this country who want to see good quality Christian worldview type movies - and this was one of them. It had it all - humor, tears, defeat, and triumph. All were in the context of what life is truly about - serving our God first above all else.

Is it a film that can be used for evangelism? I'm not so sure. The hardened hearts of the lost may not relate to this movie - it seems to me to be more of an encouragement to the saved than a message of the Gospel to the lost. Regardless, I would recommend the movie to all my saved family and friends. And it had a huge impact on my 10 year old nephew, who proclaimed that "the reason the movie was so great is because it showed that with God, we can overcome anything". Amen to that.

Labels:

Continue reading..

2 Comments:

At 5:35 PM, Blogger Eric said...

And yet they still give us movies like Color of the Cross.......

I've had a few things to say about this at ER's place

I've heard nothing but good things about "Facing the Giants" and, what is it? "A Night With the King"? Sadly, just as I have little time these days for reading, I have little time for theaters... though I do manage to find time for Smallville and Battlestar Galactica.... :)

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Ms.Green said...

I just went to the "Color of the Cross" link and what stood out to me was the "This extensively researched film remains true to Biblical and historical facts."

What a lie and what a perversion of the Gospel to claim that the crucifixion was racially motivated. I thought I'd heard it all... I'm disgusted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home