Thinking Out Loud - Ms. Green

Commentaries from a female, conservative Christian worldview. Intermittent observations on human behavior and current events. Occasional bursts of personal tirades,confessions, and discoveries. Frequent discussions about my "Narrow-Minded Faith".

<< Back to Main Page

Monday, November 6, 2006

Clash of Cultures - Death vs Life

My friend Heath pointed out an interesting verse of Scripture to me Sunday. I'll give it to you shortly, but I have to preface it first.

The differences between Islam and Christianity are so numerous, that there should be no doubt that the god of Islam is NOT the God of the Bible. This post will concentrate on just one of the major differences.

Islam is a culture of death. Christianity is a culture of life.

Now for the verse Heath gave me.

What does the God of the Bible say about those that love death?

But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.” Proverbs 8:36


This is Islam:

"You [Khosru and his people] should convert to Islam, and then you will be safe, for if you don't, you should know that I have come to you with an army of men that love death, as you love life." - Khalid ibn Al-Walid, at the Battle of Quadisiyya in 636 AD

"...all they that hate me love death."

"We tell them, in as much as you love life, the Muslim loves death and martyrdom. There is a great difference between he who loves the hereafter and he who loves this world. The Muslim loves death and [strives for] martyrdom." – Chief Palestinian Authority cleric Mufti Sheikh Ikrimeh Sabri.

"...all they that hate me love death."

"We have discovered how to hit the Jews where they are the most vulnerable. The Jews love life, so that is what we shall take away from them. We are going to win, because they love life and we love death." – Hezbollah’s Secretary General Hassan Nasrallah.

"...all they that hate me love death."

"The Americans are fighting so they can live and enjoy the material things in life. But we are fighting so we can die in the cause of God." – Mohammed Hussein Mostassed , a Taliban official.

"...all they that hate me love death."


"There are thousands of the Islamic nation's youths who are eager to die just as the Americans are eager to live." - Sulaiman Abu Ghaith, a spokesman for Osama bin Laden."

"...all they that hate me love death."

[al-Ma'idah 5:51] O ye who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for friends. They are friends one to another. He among you who taketh them for friends is (one) of them. Lo! Allah guideth not wrongdoing folk.

[an-Nisa' 4:89] They long that ye should disbelieve even as they disbelieve, that ye may be upon a level (with them). So choose not friends from them till they forsake their homes in the way of Allah; if they turn back (to enmity) then take them and kill them wherever ye find them, and choose no friend nor helper from among them,

This is Christianity:

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.” John 10:10

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;” Matthew 5:44

He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.” 1 John 2:9

Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.” Romans 13:10

But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.” 1 John 2:11

For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.” Galatians 5:14

Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.” 1 John 3:15

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.” Galatians 5:22-23

If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?” 1 John 4:20

"For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord GOD: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye." Ezekiel 18:32


Labels: ,

Continue reading..

6 Comments:

At 8:06 AM, Blogger Brooke said...

What a powerful post, Ms. Green!

The differences are like night and day.

If you don't mind, I'd like to link to this.

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Ms.Green said...

"If you don't mind, I'd like to link to this.


I'd be honored!

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger nanc said...

a word:

EXCELLENT!

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger WomanHonorThyself said...

Hiya Ms. not "Mrs"..Green..lol..thanks for visitin my site and I agree with Brooke..excellent !

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Al-Ozarka said...

You constantly amaze me, Ms. Green! Thank God for your talent and determination!

I could add nothing to Brooke's response. "Powerful" said it all.

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger Brooke said...

I'll link today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home