Thinking Out Loud - Ms. Green

Commentaries from a female, conservative Christian worldview. Intermittent observations on human behavior and current events. Occasional bursts of personal tirades,confessions, and discoveries. Frequent discussions about my "Narrow-Minded Faith".

<< Back to Main Page

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Stay the Course

If you are someone who calls himself a liberal Christian, you may want to skip this post,because you will disagree with most, if not all of it anyway.

This is for those of you who, like I, believe that the Bible is the Word of God, not just a good book to read. This post is directed toward those of you who have been born again, not who decided one day to be a Christian.


Isaiah 51:6

Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath: for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner: but my salvation shall be for ever, and my righteousness shall not be abolished.”

Do not be discouraged, Christian, with the world around you.

If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.” John 15:19
__
___________________________________________________________

This is what God says about His Word:(Take the time to really read these verses)

"Sanctify them through Thy truth: Thy word is truth." John 17:17

"Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of Thy righteous judgments endureth for ever." Psalms 119:160

"I will worship toward Thy holy temple, and praise Thy name for Thy lovingkindness and for Thy truth: for Thou hast magnified Thy word above all Thy name." Psalms 138:2

"Whoso despiseth the word shall be destroyed: but he that feareth the commandment shall be rewarded." Proverbs 13:13

"Every word of God is pure: He is a shield unto them that put their trust in Him." Proverbs 30:5

"I have manifested Thy name unto the men which Thou gavest me out of the world: Thine they were, and Thou gavest them Me; and they have kept Thy word." John 17:6

My KJV Bible IS THE WORD of God. In it is everything I need to learn how to become more like my Savior, Jesus Christ. I must strive constantly to be growing spiritually, and cannot do that without knowing what His Word has to say, and then actually applying what I've learned into my own life. But I CAN trust EVERY WORD. I don't have to figure out which parts I can believe and which parts I can discard. I can trust all of it, because God is the author - it is "God-breathed".

Be encouraged, Christian. Stay the course. Don't quit. Stay in the Word, don't just talk about it. Read it, study it, memorize it, and most of all, apply it.

"I have given them Thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world." John 17:14

Labels:

Continue reading..

6 Comments:

At 10:18 PM, Blogger nanc said...

those are mighty words, ms. green - i fear there comes a time shortly where those who've not memorized the Word will struggle with their eternity.

we must truly guard our hearts and minds in these days we have left inside time.

the goal i believe the Lord has given me is to never mince words - sometimes what i have to say is less than appetizing, but if i don't say them - the words become bitter in my throat.

your job is apparent - thank you for your gentleness. many hands make for light work.

 
At 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Post, if we make God the center of our lives, the rest of it will fall in place.

Reading God's word is so fullfilling.

I dont see how anyone who calls themselves a Christian could disagree with this post, Liberal or not.

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger Brooke said...

I don't see how anyone could disagree with it, either!

Thanks for this post! It will give me something to ruminate on today.

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger Neil said...

Great post, as usual. I especially liked your closing: Be encouraged, Christian. Stay the course. Don't quit. Stay in the Word, don't just talk about it. Read it, study it, memorize it, and most of all, apply it."

I used Proverbs 30:5-6 in a post today as well - what a coincidence!

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Eric said...

Stay the course? What else is there to do? Which brings to mind John 6:68...

"Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life"

Thanks for the encouragement.

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Brooke said...

OT: Please watch Exposed tonight!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home