Thinking Out Loud - Ms. Green

Commentaries from a female, conservative Christian worldview. Intermittent observations on human behavior and current events. Occasional bursts of personal tirades,confessions, and discoveries. Frequent discussions about my "Narrow-Minded Faith".

<< Back to Main Page

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

More on "Ex-Christians"

I had someone post and say that they were an ex-christian, and who spoke what sounded like a gnostic type verbage. Here is an excerpt of what they said:

The main idea here is that the truth in the Bible is veiled in a lie that protects the truth from the wise and learned. I was once a die hard Christian knocking down everyones door in the name of Jesus and took pride in being called narrow minded. So, trust me when I say I have some idea of where your coming from.
The word of God is misleading
It's context is deceiving
but read between the LInES
[sic]
and there you'll find the meaning.



I believe you are sincere, but there are one of two things happening here.

#1 You never were born again. You played church, you followed Christ, you spoke Christianeze, and you did and said all the right things - but you were not born again and the Holy Spirit does not live within you.

or

#2 You have gone astray and believe heresy, in which case, you will be convicted by the Holy Spirit, then chastened, and if you still insist on calling God and the Bible a lie, you are in danger of the sin unto death.

You say on your profile: I feel remarkably healed from the wounds of Christianity's bleak viewpoint of the world and all of the fear that's intertwined in it.

I'm truly sorry that you missed the joy and healing that comes from a true Christian worldview. I can only imagine what type of church you were exposed to that left such negative tastes in your psyche. Truly I am.

I did not post your comment in its entirety, because I reviewed your blog and saw that you blasphemed Jesus, so I won't give any indication to my other readers who you are or give any credence to your blog at all.

But I reiterate - you are not an ex-Christian.

Once you've been born, you can't be "unborn".

Labels: ,

Continue reading..

7 Comments:

At 8:52 PM, Blogger Neil said...

Good points. Hard to take someone seriously who denies what the Bible does say but puts stock in what it says "between the lines."

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger AndrewG said...

Always enjoy reading your viewpoints and appreciate how your blog attracts opposition, which is a good indication of the fact that you are truly representing Christ, which brings with it persecution. The one respectful exception I will take is with telling your reader that he/she was never a Christian in the first place. While that may be true, I think a thorough review of the scriptures will indicate that one can be born again and then forfeit that salvation due to apostasy, unbelief, falling into a lifesyle of unrepentant sin, etc. A person who is truly living a lifestyle of repentance does not need to be fearful of losing that salvation, beause it is secure. However, the aformentioned scenarios are a different story.

I have dedicated a great deal of study on the subject of eternal security, and I have tried to be respectful in a book that came out of that study to even those who hold to a once-daved-always-saved doctrine. I would be happy to send you a copy of it, or if you prefer, you can go to my blog and click on the link to my books.

Bless you for championing the faith.

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Ms.Green said...

Andrew,

Thanks for the encouragement. I respect your belief that a person can lose their salvation, and even understand, I think, the reasons why one might come to that conclusion. However, I am as certain about the doctrine of eternal security as you are that one can forfeit their salvation. I would be interested in reading your thoughts on it just so I know how someone else is thinking when discussing this doctrine, but I am hopefull that you will eventually see that eternal security is indeed a Bible doctrine - a quite wonderful one at that!

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Ms.Green said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Ms.Green said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Ms.Green said...

Andrew, I did write about eternal security here. It is not an exhaustive study, but does list numerous passages and reasons why I believe the doctrine to be Biblical.

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Ms.Green said...

Don't know why my link did not work - blogger is evidently having problems.

Here's the link again

http://noblather.blogspot.com/2007/01/eternal-security-of-believer.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home