Thinking Out Loud - Ms. Green

Commentaries from a female, conservative Christian worldview. Intermittent observations on human behavior and current events. Occasional bursts of personal tirades,confessions, and discoveries. Frequent discussions about my "Narrow-Minded Faith".

<< Back to Main Page

Friday, March 21, 2008

Passover and Redemption

Passover.

From Exodus Chapter 12:

Speak ye unto all the congregation of Israel, saying, In the tenth day of this month they shall take to them every man a lamb… Your lamb shall be without blemish…

And they shall take of the blood, and strike it on the two side posts and on the upper door post of the houses…

For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment: I am the LORD. And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you, when I smite the land of Egypt
.”

At Passover, salvation was given in the following way:

A lamb without blemish was sacrificed. But that was not enough for salvation.
The blood of the lamb had to be applied in order to receive salvation.

The blood was applied in a picture of a cross : on each side of the door, and over the door.

Redemption.

Jesus was the Lamb of God. He was without blemish and died as a sacrifice for us.
That in itself is not enough for salvation.
The blood of the Lamb must be applied.
The blood of the Lamb is our only salvation.


From Psalm 22:

I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels. My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death. For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet. I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me. They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture.

John 19:30: When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

Thank you, Lord Jesus, for your gift of mercy, your gift of love. Thank you for becoming the perfect sacrifice – the Lamb of God slain for the sake of the whole world, which is at enmity with you. How great a love you’ve shown. I praise You. I worship You. I submit to You as Lord.

Labels: ,

Continue reading..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home