Thinking Out Loud - Ms. Green

Commentaries from a female, conservative Christian worldview. Intermittent observations on human behavior and current events. Occasional bursts of personal tirades,confessions, and discoveries. Frequent discussions about my "Narrow-Minded Faith".

<< Back to Main Page

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Black Christians and Obama

There are a lot of things about the Black culture I don’t understand.

Music I understand.

I love Black Gospel. I love the blues. Most of what I listen to on the radio is Black Gospel music. Other Christian cultures could take some lessons on how to sing about Jesus with soul, how to worship, how to praise in the Spirit. Hezekiah Walker, Yolanda Adams, Mary Mary, Candi Staton, Cece Winans, I love ‘em all.

Some of my black Christian friends are the most passionate about their worship, and about witnessing about the grace of God through His Son.

So the Black Christian worldview, I would think, would be one in the same as a White Christian worldview.

Not when it comes to politics.

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND. I wish a black Christian reader would enlighten me.

Obama talk is all over the Black Christian stations. “We have a chance to make history – and put a Black man in the White House. Blacks should be excited, anxious, anticipatory. History is about to be made!”

WHAT?

How can a Christian be excited about putting someone in the White House who is the antithesis of Christianity.

He supports abortion. He even supports partial birth abortion.
He supports homosexual marriage.
His former pastor , close friend and mentor used God’s name in vain and damned America.
He has advisers and friends who mock Christ openly.
He has advisers and friends who spout racism.
He has publicly stated that he believes Jesus is not the only way.

I know. None of the candidates are what I’d call model Christians. Not even close. I doubt any of them are really Christian. But why pick the greater of the three evils just because he’s Black and be excited about it?

Somebody please explain how someone who worships and praises the name of Jesus can be excited about this man.

So evidently skin color is an issue after all?

I thought we were supposed to move past all that. At least us white folk have been told that. Somebody needs to tell the black folk.

Labels: ,

Continue reading..

5 Comments:

At 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I share the same feelings that you have. As Christians, we are brothers and sisters without color and the same Spirit abides in us. How do we over-ride certain guidelines set forth by our spiritual beliefs for the sake of a political party? I have gone from being a Democrat to actually not wanting to be called by any political affiliation. Mom2

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger Ms.Green said...

There was a time when the Democratic party stood for the right things. But the party has been taken over by the leftist liberals. Sadly, the same thing is happening to the Republican party as well. I don't like being affiliated with either any more myself.

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Al-Ozarka said...

"There was a time when the Democratic party stood for the right things."

When?

I remember as kid hearing that the Democrat Party stood for the working-man.

But...did it really?

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Ms.Green said...

I remember as kid hearing that the Democrat Party stood for the working-man.

But...did it really
?

er...now you've put me on the spot. I guess the truth is that both parties have gone so far to the left that the Democratic party of yesteryear looks like the Republican party of today... which come to think of it is not necessarily a positive thing is it?

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Mark said...

In yesterday's Pennsylvania primary, over 90% of blacks voted for Obama. Tell me many blacks are voting for Obama because of only the issues.

By the way, Ms Green, if you have comment moderation you don't need word verification. Just a hint.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home