Thinking Out Loud - Ms. Green

Commentaries from a female, conservative Christian worldview. Intermittent observations on human behavior and current events. Occasional bursts of personal tirades,confessions, and discoveries. Frequent discussions about my "Narrow-Minded Faith".

<< Back to Main Page

Friday, April 11, 2008

Feel the Love

The title to this post is misleading, I admit. It's a statement of sarcasm.

I was an unbeliever most of my life. An agnostic actually – didn’t know for sure if there was a God or not, but didn’t think we could know for sure. Figured if there was a God, He wasn’t an active one – just sat on the sidelines and watched us from a distance with minimal interference.

I argued with believers sometimes – especially if they tried to tell me about their faith. I disagreed with them. If they got too “pushy” I politely let them know I wasn’t interested in the discussion anymore.

The key word here is “politely”. It never crossed my mind to mock them, ridicule them, belittle them, bully them, or call them names or cuss them out. Sure, they’re wrong about what they believe (I thought), but they have just as much right to believe as I do to not believe.

Things have changed a lot. Especially online. Maybe the anonymity of online posting is a contributor, but the vicious, hate-filled, mocking, ridiculing, in-your-face name calling that I see so prevalent today from many atheists and non-Christians is disturbing. Militant. Unmerciful. Take-no-prisoners attitude.

Hate is the best word I can use to describe the trend I see. I’m shocked by it. And yet, it shouldn’t surprise me. There was a time when I couldn’t imagine a world that would actually condone hunting down, torturing and murdering Christians because of their faith. Yet that is exactly what the book of Revelation tells us will happen eventually.

I can see it now, where I couldn’t see it twenty years ago.


Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy. If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.” I Peter 4:12-14

Labels: ,

Continue reading..

8 Comments:

At 2:51 PM, Blogger Eric said...

I can see it too. And while the hunting and killing, in terms of state policy, is reserved to the tribulation period (I hope), I can also see and imagine things getting a lot worse for Christians before that day comes, which is sooner than any of us know.

But I can't let that deter me. I can't remain silent. Nor will I.

What surprises me most about this is the very ones who viciously attack us, will pooh-pooh any statement WE make to suggest Christianity is being pushed out of the Public Square. They will all laugh and tell us we are crazy, or wanna-be martyrs.

Talk about about deception! They can't even see their own actions for what they really are.

For myself, when I decided to be more firm and vocal about what I know to be true... that there is ONLY one way... I knew it would come at a price.

I've alienated one person I work with, and I draw heretics left and right to my blog.

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Mark said...

"I draw heretics left and right to my blog."

As do I, Eric. As do I.

It means we are onto something. Let not your heart be troubled.

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Al-Ozarka said...

Me three!

Well...I used to. When I blogged regularly.

I do have a resident atheist who pops in from time to time. He's just trying to salvage me from the loving embrace of my Saviour, though. ;(

I take comfort in:

"This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as their's also was."

What an accurate prophecy, eh?

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Ms.Green said...

What an accurate prophecy, eh?

If we could take a lost person or atheist and sit them down and force them to listen to all the Scriptural prophecy that has come to pass they would be forced to admit that it's not that they don't believe - it's that they reject God.

 
At 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

they would be forced to admit that it's not that they don't believe - it's that they reject God. >

I agree with that. I also believe that those who reject parts of the Bible are rejecting God because it makes them uncomfortable and rather than deal with why they are uncomfortable, they look for a way out. Mom2

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger Ms.Green said...

I also believe that those who reject parts of the Bible are rejecting God because it makes them uncomfortable and rather than deal with why they are uncomfortable, they look for a way out.

I suspect in these situations that the individual is not willing to be completely surrendered to God's will - you know, God never says anywhere in Scripture that we have to like what He says - He only says we are to obey

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger Marshal Art said...

Heard on the radio today about what some former bomber pilot once said:

"When I'd take a lot of flak, I knew I was near the target."


We fascist Christians certainly take a lot of flak, don't we?

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger Ms.Green said...

We fascist Christians certainly take a lot of flak, don't we?

There's an old saying that says when you throw a stick into a pack of dogs, the one that yelps the loudest is the one that got hit.

When we speak of Christ, the hecklers are obviously the ones getting hit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home