Thinking Out Loud - Ms. Green

Commentaries from a female, conservative Christian worldview. Intermittent observations on human behavior and current events. Occasional bursts of personal tirades,confessions, and discoveries. Frequent discussions about my "Narrow-Minded Faith".

<< Back to Main Page

Saturday, July 15, 2006

How Well do YOU Know Your Bible?

Get out your KJV and tell me where these words are found:

Righteous indignation
Moderation in all things
God helps those who help themselves
Money is the root of all evil
Cleanliness is next to Godliness
God works in mysterious ways
Spare the rod, spoil the child
Cast your bread upon the waters
Seasons will cease to change
Eve ate the apple
Three wise men
Mary Magdalene, the prostitute
The Book of Revelations

The truth is, none of these words are found in the Bible. They are either totally false, or they are a description or reference to a truth that is found in Scripture. I’d be interested to see if any of you readers can think of any more.

Labels:

Continue reading..

7 Comments:

At 9:56 PM, Blogger Jack H said...

Hoorey for me! 100%! What did I win?

Salvation?! No, NOW what did I win? Respect? No, what THING??? Urgg. Nevermind. I'll just go eat some ice cream.


J

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Ms.Green said...

Hope it's chocolate. (grin)

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Al-Ozarka said...

I finally came up with one!

To Err is human!

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger Ms.Green said...

Way to go, Daddio. I had forgotten that one. I know there's more.

Oh = here's a really stupid one that I heard growing up by some of the old timers in the neighborhood...

The mark of Cain was black skin.

Believe it or not, I actually heard that one. The old coots were about as Christian as Osama bin Laden and probably knew even less of the Bible. Using the Bible to promote racism. But then, you know where I stand on that subject.

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger r.w. said...

King James, New testament,
Timothy 1, Chapter 6, verse 10:

For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

Most people leave off the "for the love of".
:)
r

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Ms.Green said...

Great job, RW. I've heard that many times and didn't think about it when I made this post. Thanks for stopping by & feel free to come back anytime!

 
At 12:56 AM, Blogger Dustin said...

Holy Trinity
priesthood of believers
purgatory

 

Post a Comment

<< Home