Thinking Out Loud - Ms. Green

Commentaries from a female, conservative Christian worldview. Intermittent observations on human behavior and current events. Occasional bursts of personal tirades,confessions, and discoveries. Frequent discussions about my "Narrow-Minded Faith".

<< Back to Main Page

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

To My Great God

I lift these words up in thanksgiving to my awesome and powerful God, Who is always watching over me.

Judge me, O LORD; for I have walked in mine integrity: I have trusted also in the LORD; therefore I shall not slide.

Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my heart.

For thy lovingkindness is before mine eyes: and I have walked in thy truth.

I have not sat with vain persons, neither will I go in with dissemblers.

I have hated the congregation of evil doers; and will not sit with the wicked.

I will wash mine hands in innocency: so will I compass thine altar, O LORD:

That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works.

LORD, I have loved the habitation of thy house, and the place where thine honour dwelleth.

Gather not my soul with sinners, nor my life with bloody men:

In whose hands is mischief, and their right hand is full of bribes.

But as for me, I will walk in mine integrity: redeem me, and be merciful unto me.

My foot standeth in an even place: in the congregations will I bless the LORD.


Psalm 26

Labels: ,

Continue reading..

2 Comments:

At 8:39 AM, Blogger Al-Ozarka said...

Very powerful psalm, Ms Green!

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Ms.Green said...

Wish I'd written it!!! Yet when I read it, and prayed it, they were truly my words.

I noticed you had the same idea yesterday. You too offered up a Psalm of praise for Thanksgiving.

Isn't it great that we can use Scripture in such a real way in our lives!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home