Thinking Out Loud - Ms. Green

Commentaries from a female, conservative Christian worldview. Intermittent observations on human behavior and current events. Occasional bursts of personal tirades,confessions, and discoveries. Frequent discussions about my "Narrow-Minded Faith".

<< Back to Main Page

Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Today is my Birthday

Today was my birthday. I've been on this planet for a little over half a century now. I don't feel that old. I wouldn't go back and change anything - even all the mistakes I've made - because everything in my life has brought me to where I am today...and I like where I am. God has been good to me. Merciful, kind, generous. I have the wonderful privilege of being married to the most wonderful man in the world - my soulmate, my friend, my confidant. I have the best job in the world, and I go to the best church in the world. If I died before midnight tonite, I'd have no complaints. As I said, God has been good to me.

My dad gave me a card that almost caused a heart attack:


It had a picture of Hillary on the outside and the caption read:

"President Hillary Clinton"


On the inside it said:

"See, there ARE some things scarier than growing a year older!"


I spent the morning in the Doctor's office, and the rest of the day lying around in misery. I have a severe sinus infection and I'm running fever with it. Hopefully all the meds the Doc gave me will kick in shortly. But I'm not complaining. It could always be worse. Hillary could be president.

Labels:

Continue reading..

6 Comments:

At 8:08 PM, Blogger Angella214 said...

HAHAHA! Love your dad's card!!

Happy Birthday!! I'm glad you are who you are!! *HUG!*

exam is July 24-26th - will e-mail ya closer to remind ya!

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger Eric said...

Happy Birthday, Ms Green! I never would've guessed you were older than me... I'll be 47 this summer.

I hope you had your cake and ate it too!

 
At 12:28 AM, Blogger DAKOTARANGER said...

Happy Birthday from another May basket.

If I were you though I think I would check to see if your dad had seriptiously purchased a huge life insurance policy.

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger Ms.Green said...

Angela - at my age, I need lots of reminders!! I know you are going to pass that bar exam with flying colors, but it won't hurt to pray too!

Eric - no cake for me yesterday - just antiobiotics and nasal spray! Yum yum.

Dakota - hey, come to think of it, he may have expected a heart attack or stroke upon my opening the card - he did write on the outside of it "Do not open alone".

(grin)

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Neil said...

Ha! Your dad has a good sense of humor.

Happy birthday! Hope your sinus infection is healed soon. Those are miserable.

Love your outlook - yes, life is good!

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger Al-Ozarka said...

I missed this post, ms. Green!

Happy belated!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home