Thinking Out Loud - Ms. Green

Commentaries from a female, conservative Christian worldview. Intermittent observations on human behavior and current events. Occasional bursts of personal tirades,confessions, and discoveries. Frequent discussions about my "Narrow-Minded Faith".

<< Back to Main Page

Monday, July 23, 2007

The Joy of Worship

Raymond Foss is a very prolific writer and photographer. I frequently stop by his place to be delighted both visually and emotionally. One of his poems recently spoke to my heart, and how I frequently feel during worship. He graciously allowed me to repost it here, but be sure to check out his other work as well.

Tears

My eyes welled up
Tears rolled down my cheeks
As the choir sang
Of God’s Love and His forgiveness
Vision blurred for a few moments
So I could but see
Unburdening my heart
In your house this Sunday

You are not finished with me.
You have saved me
For what I know not yet
I pray you will steel my heart
And guide my hands and feet
To do your work.

Heavenly Father,
Thank you for this day
And your promise
Paid with your body
For all of us

Labels:

Continue reading..

2 Comments:

At 8:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't been to a church with a choir in a long time.

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Ms.Green said...

I love to listen to a choir. I like praise teams too (I'm on one) but a choir is just special to me and really helps me to worship.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home