Thinking Out Loud - Ms. Green

Commentaries from a female, conservative Christian worldview. Intermittent observations on human behavior and current events. Occasional bursts of personal tirades,confessions, and discoveries. Frequent discussions about my "Narrow-Minded Faith".

<< Back to Main Page

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Pride, Certainty, Confidence

Sometimes people confuse pride with confidence. I am very confident in my faith. I know Jesus is the only way to heaven. I know that. I know it as well as I know my name, as well as I know that my eyes are green. That is confidence. It is certainty. It is not pride.

I was recently accused of being prideful and judgmental because I was sharing what the Bible says about man, sin, and our need for salvation through the ONLY way – Jesus Christ.

I’m reading I Timothy and came across this verse, which I thought I would share with those who accuse me of pride.

This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.” I Timothy 1:15

That’s me. I’m a chief sinner. Having admitted that publicly, and having no qualms about doing so, I challenge my critics to read the first part of that verse.

We can’t save ourselves by our good deeds. Christ Jesus is the only One Who can save us.

Christians are human, and can become prideful, for which God will chasten them. He hates pride. However, you can't be prideful and become a Christian. Pride is a sin, and you must repent of your sins in order to receive Christ.

Labels:

Continue reading..

2 Comments:

At 8:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's neither pride, nor confidence. With all due respect, it's arrogance!

Again, I hardly care if you know the 'only way' to heaven. But, people like you (religious) but who believe in other Gods might find it very offending and throw a similar insult on your god.

Is it really so hard to be humble and open minded ?

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger Ms.Green said...

Is it really so hard to be humble and open minded ?

Are you trying to tell me you are humble? Because you don't come across that way.

Being open minded to what? Religious pluralism? Why would I want to be open minded to something that I know is wrong?

You called me arrogant even after reading my post, so I'm not going to convince you otherwise. However, you don't come across as being any different than what you accuse me of being.

Many people find my faith to be offensive, and that's no suprise, as Scripture states that the Gospel is and will be offensive.

"For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God." I Corinthians 1:18

"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." I Corinthians 2:14

Ask yourself this, American. If there is one God, and if He has made only one way to Him, how will you find that way?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home