Thinking Out Loud - Ms. Green

Commentaries from a female, conservative Christian worldview. Intermittent observations on human behavior and current events. Occasional bursts of personal tirades,confessions, and discoveries. Frequent discussions about my "Narrow-Minded Faith".

<< Back to Main Page

Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day 2008

My heartfelt thanks to everyone who has ever lost a loved one for the cause of freedom and protection for me and my loved ones. May God bless you.

The following was written by a man whose blog I frequent because of his talent in the area of poetry and photography. He has written several very fine poems for this special day, and I suggest you stop by and visit his place and enjoy.

Their Sacrifice
They gave their all
for our country, for each of us
few of us know the horror, the fear,
what they faced in life,
going to dark places to keep us safe
We cannot know,
for we have not been there
all we can do, what we must do,
never to forget, always to honor
remember their sacrifice
which kept us free

May 25, 2008
Memorial Day
Raymond Foss
Poetry Where You Live

Labels: ,

Continue reading..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home