Thinking Out Loud - Ms. Green

Commentaries from a female, conservative Christian worldview. Intermittent observations on human behavior and current events. Occasional bursts of personal tirades,confessions, and discoveries. Frequent discussions about my "Narrow-Minded Faith".

<< Back to Main Page

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Troubles of the Heart

The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring Thou me out of my distresses. Psalm 25:17
Ever feel like your problems are growing faster than you can get a grip on them? You wake up in the morning saying to yourself,I'm gonna be ok today. I can handle whatever life throws at me. I'll make it. But by the end of the day, the troubles/problems,challenges, failures/disappointments have so beaten you down that you lay your head down on the pillow that night thinking, I can't handle this anymore. Life is going kill me... I've been feeling that way a lot lately, and in the process of my distress, I find myself not only self-destructing, but actually harming the one person in this life who means the most to me. When I wake up in the morning and realize the damage I've done to him, I realize that I've got to get a grip! So I search the Scriptures, looking for an answer, and I find Psalm 25:17. The troubles of my heart are many and they do seem enlarged,but I remind myself that God can bring me out of my distresses. So I go to Him in prayer and pray the words to this Psalm (words He wrote through man's hand) and I trust that He will bring me out of my distresses as He promised He would. And I feel better already. Now it's time to do some mending of my own with the one I love.

Labels: ,

Continue reading..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home