Thinking Out Loud - Ms. Green

Commentaries from a female, conservative Christian worldview. Intermittent observations on human behavior and current events. Occasional bursts of personal tirades,confessions, and discoveries. Frequent discussions about my "Narrow-Minded Faith".

<< Back to Main Page

Monday, June 19, 2006

Hate Crimes - Selective Enforcement

First of all, Hate Crimes Legislation is just plain stupid. To say that someone should get a more severe punishment for a crime because of what they think is like saying that someone who rapes a woman should get a more severe punishment because of what he reads, or someone who robs a bank should get a more severe punishment because of his personal spending habits. There is no logic in Hate Crimes Legislation.

I’ve only hated one person in my life. And if I were to tell you all the reasons why I hated this person, you might would agree with me that I had good reason. However, after I became a Christian, God so convicted me of this hate that I finally went to this person and asked them to forgive me for my hate. It was a very freeing experience, and I slept better that night than I had in years. It totally threw this other person off and they didn’t sleep a wink that night – plus they ended up apologizing to me for the things they’d done to make me hate them! God is so good.

I’ve never known or read or heard of anyone ever committing a vicious crime against someone because they loved them, or even liked them. The fact of brutality and violence is that they are born out of anger and hate.

“Hate Crimes” are simply another tactic by the homosexual militants to legitimize their lifestyle and try to force tolerance (read “total acceptance”) for their unnatural acts. Yes, sometimes racially motivated crimes are considered hate crimes as well…but again, all violence and brutality is hateful regardless of the reason behind it.

The biggest problem with so called “Hate Crime” laws is that they are not equally enforced.

What I’m betting that you won’t see is Hate Crime law being used in the attack on 1st grader Jacob Parker. He’s the son of David Parker, who last year caused a media fury when he protested the homosexual indoctrination of his kid in the local school system and demanded that he have a right to know what his child was being taught and to opt his son out of teachings that went against his religious beliefs. When he was asked to leave the school and refused, he was arrested.

Little Jacob was attacked and beat up by a gang of 8-10 mostly older kids. Dad suspects it has to do with his stand, and his federal civil rights lawsuit against the school, because many parents and administrators have been angry about his lawsuit. David is quoted as saying that if an attack of this nature had been against a child of a homosexual couple, “lessons teaching tolerance and diversity or homosexual behavior normalization would be forced upon the young children”. He’s right - and the media would be all over the story for weeks.

Labels:

Continue reading..

2 Comments:

At 12:40 PM, Blogger Mike Airhart said...

David Parker admitted to The Boston Globe this week that the story spread in his name by MassResistance (a Massachusetts antigay group) is false.

There was no conspiracy to beat up his kid. The fight was over lunchroom seating, not his father's activism.

Parker is still upset at the community for not supporting his activism, but frankly, the community was lied about for a month by MassResistance -- and by other web sites that didn't check the facts from reputable news sources or from the school district's own records.

I don't blame the parents and school officials of Lexington, Mass., for being upset that Parker allowed lies about the schoolyard fight to be spread for a month.

Sadly, Parker's paranoia created the very situation that he feared: He alienated an entire community through adversarial accusations, when cooperation, persuasion and charitable compromise might have earned him some support.

While I share your skepticism about hate crime laws, this story had nothing to do with hate crimes. No crime was committed, and there was no hate, just a disagreement about where two kids should sit in a lunchroom.

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Ms.Green said...

Mike, Thanks for stopping by my site and I hope you will return.
As for the report that I read , it said the 1st grader was beaten up by a group of eight to ten kids on the playground and it was reported by Agape Press, which is a reputable Christian News site. Also, the Father stated simply that he was concerned that this might have been the result of his stand against the school board over homosexuality being taught and promoted in the school. He did not categorically state that was the reason.
There is hate on both sides of this issue, and I am not in favor of hate, as God hates no one - He only hates sin. And as I mentioned in a recent post about the KKK, those that profess hate and then profess my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ are liars and the truth is not in them. (I John 4:20). Having said that, it does not change the fact that there is a double standard in this country when it comes to so-called "hate crimes", with gays and non-christians always being portrayed as the victims.

Scripture reference: " If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?" (I John 4:20)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home