Thinking Out Loud - Ms. Green

Commentaries from a female, conservative Christian worldview. Intermittent observations on human behavior and current events. Occasional bursts of personal tirades,confessions, and discoveries. Frequent discussions about my "Narrow-Minded Faith".

<< Back to Main Page

Saturday, June 17, 2006

"Straight Dad" Campaigns for Gay Rights

Gay.com has an article today full of accolades to a man by the name of Aaron Toleos, who says he is a straight father of 2 children who used to be an insensitive homophobic and has now come full circle and decided to help campaign for gay rights.
Says he “educated” himself ( I read that, “succumbed to subtle but constant indoctrination) and in this process of education, he noticed several kids at his kids’ preschool “had two mommies, and it made me think about what it would be like to go into a store and be faced with a petition that would destroy my own family. If I weren’t a father, I don’t think I would have been impacted by the issue.”

He now operates a website called “KnowThyNeighbor.org” and frequently publishes the names and addresses of people who have signed petitions against same sex marriage in hopes that “peer pressure” will turn them around.

Toleos is quoted as saying, “When your next-door-neighbor comes over and says, ‘did you know you signed a petition that will hurt me?’, it’s a shocking and uncomfortable moment and it brings the issue home. It’s transformative when you’re called to account for sponsoring legislation that would take rights away from real people.”

We're all too aware that, unfortunately, these ARE "real people" and this is really happening in our country.

If I were to get that knock on my door with the same message, I would have to interrupt and say, “excuse me, but did you know that your lifestyle is hurting not only me, but my children, society, the health care system, and the sanctity of marriage, and YOU?”

He calls it peer pressure. I call it further radical in-your-face “you will accept me and my lifestyle and like it” tactics.

Labels:

Continue reading..

2 Comments:

At 9:11 PM, Blogger Ms.Green said...

I just realized the irony of posting this article the weekend of Father's Day...

 
At 8:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He had better read Romans 1:32.
The words "have pleasure in them" means to "simply consent with them". To simply consent to the Homosexual life is worthy of a death sentance from almighty God!
"Worthy" means "thier due reward".
God is serious about this and anyone who is really saved will understand just how much God hates the great sin of Homosexuality. False Christians want to argue and put down those bringing the truth of the great judgement against Homosexuality and those who consent with that type life style. But a spiritualy changed heart has no problem understanding what God means.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home