Thinking Out Loud - Ms. Green

Commentaries from a female, conservative Christian worldview. Intermittent observations on human behavior and current events. Occasional bursts of personal tirades,confessions, and discoveries. Frequent discussions about my "Narrow-Minded Faith".

<< Back to Main Page

Monday, July 17, 2006

Keith Ellison - David Duke's Counterpart

In the early 90s, Louisiana had what was a much-watched gubernatorial race between David Duke and Edward Edwards. The idea of having such a corrupt individual as Edwin Edwards rewarded with another term was not something I or many others in the state could stomach, so I wanted to believe Duke’s claim that the stories of his involvement with the KKK and Nazi parties were “youthful indiscretions” and that he had changed. He even claimed to be a Christian. As the campaign raged on, that gnawing feeling that something wasn’t right kept coming back – was that only really a part of Duke’s past and had he really changed? The pattern appeared too planned – his involvement with these groups slowly faded away several years before his bid for public office. On voting day, I couldn’t bring myself to pull the lever for Duke, and was forced to make a decision for the lesser of two evils.

The liberal media and the Democratic Party was all over this governor’s race and hounded Duke’s campaign – and rightly so. It’s a blessing that he lost the race and now Edwards is in prison, so his sins found him out as well.

But as usual, there seems to be a double standard when it comes to the liberal media and the Democratic Party. The black counterpart to David Duke is running for Senate –with his party’s blessing.

The campaign is in Minnesota, and the candidate’s name is Keith Ellison – a liberal democrat running for Congress and actually endorsed by the State Democratic Party. (Duke was never recognized by the State Republican party in Louisiana) Not only that, but the media is playing on the public’s ignorance of the difference between Muslims and Black Muslims. Ellison is quoted as saying “I think it’s time for the United States to see a moderate Muslim voice, to see a face of Islam that is just like everybody else’s face. Perhaps it would be good for somebody who is Muslim to be in Congress, so that Muslims would feel like they are part of the body politic and that other Americans would know that we’re here to make a contribution to this country.”

Americans have been so chastised by the “political correctness” police for so-called “anti-Arab, anti- Muslim prejudices” that headlines like “Keith Ellison may become Congress’s first Muslim” demand acceptance in the name of “tolerance”. But aside from the fact that I personally would never vote for a practicing Muslim for any political office, a Black Muslim has even less of a chance of getting my vote. The Nation of Islam is a racist organization just as the KKK is a racist organization. True Muslims do not even recognize the Farrakhan group as legitimate Muslims because their beliefs are not consistent with Muslim teachings.

Ellison says he “used to” be associated with the Nation of Islam (just like David Duke said he “used to” be associated with the KKK). The Million Man March of Louis Farrakhan took place in 1995, and Ellison was one of the organizers. He has also been a leader of his local Nation of Islam. He is an extremist and a former(?) member of a racist organization, and the Democratic Party’s endorsement of him shows just how out of touch with America the party really is. He calls himself a moderate, but he is for abortion rights, for amnesty for illegal aliens, and against the war on terrorism. He says his face is just like everybody else’s face, but it’s not his face voters need to look at – it’s his ideology.

Further reading:
Ellison Profile
Keith Ellison
Muslim... Seeks Office

Labels:

Continue reading..

1 Comments:

At 10:06 PM, Blogger Ms.Green said...

I disagree. He has been a leader of his local Nation of Islam group and he was involved in the Million Man March of Louis Farrahkan. Louis Farrahkan's group is a racist hate group. I stand by what I said. But I also want to point out that I stand against white racism as well. I did not vote for David Duke. Racism has no place in my life, because I believe the Bible clearly says that we are all of one blood and there are no races. In all fairness, your dispute is not with me. You need only go to some of the main news sources online to get all the details that I reported here. Do a search on Keith Ellison and you will find plenty of reliable news sources to back up what I said.
I appreciate your stopping by, and hope that you see the spirit in which I am responding and realize that I am against racism of all kinds. Read my post "Racism has no place in Christianity". And, by coincidence, the reason I'm responding to your post so late is because I was hand in hand in prayer with my husband and several of our black brothers in Christ praying for a specific need tonite after church.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home