Thinking Out Loud - Ms. Green

Commentaries from a female, conservative Christian worldview. Intermittent observations on human behavior and current events. Occasional bursts of personal tirades,confessions, and discoveries. Frequent discussions about my "Narrow-Minded Faith".

<< Back to Main Page

Sunday, October 28, 2007

I'm back - Part 1

Where do I start?

My sister seemed to be doing so much better. Because of her two staph infections, they had to stop the chemo. She had actually started driving again in August because she was going "stir crazy" at home. She grabbed every opportunity she could to "go". Whether it was to AA meetings, church, a movie, shopping, whatever, it didn't matter. She just wanted to go.

Then one weekend in September she didn't get out of bed. She felt short of breath and really tired. The next day was a little worse, then each day after that, until Wednesday she called me at work.

"Can you come help me?" she said over the phone.

I took the rest of the day off and we went in to see her Oncologist. Seems your liver is shutting down, he said. Not good. She said "oh well" and asked about her scheduled radiation treatment the next week on her three brain tumors. Your liver will get you before your brain tumors will, he replied. I took her back home and got her settled in, letting her know if she needed me, to call.

She called that evening.

She couldn't get out of bed by herself. She managed to grab her Bible by the bedside and opened it up to I Corinthians.

"So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory."


She smiled at me and pointed to the Scripture. "That's me. That's where I'm going."

She knew it was time.

Labels:

Continue reading..

1 Comments:

At 2:01 AM, Blogger Eric said...

"Knew" it was time? Has your sister then gone home? I will keep you and yours in my prayers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home