Thinking Out Loud - Ms. Green

Commentaries from a female, conservative Christian worldview. Intermittent observations on human behavior and current events. Occasional bursts of personal tirades,confessions, and discoveries. Frequent discussions about my "Narrow-Minded Faith".

<< Back to Main Page

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Un-Clintonesque

Bill Clinton actually said something,..well, nice about somebody on the Republican side of the political fence. Not only that, but he was actually believable. It sounded sincere.

First time he’s ever impressed me in a positive way…ever.

About Sarah Palin, he said, "I come from Arkansas; I get why she’s hot out there.” “Why she’s doing well. People look at her, and they say: ‘All those kids. Something that happens in everybody’s family. I’m glad she loves her daughter and she’s not ashamed of her. Glad that girl’s going around with her boyfriend. Glad they’re going to get married.’ ”

He went on to say that voters would say: “I like that little Down syndrome kid. One of them lives down the street. They’re wonderful children. They’re wonderful people. And I like the idea that this guy does those long-distance races. Stayed in the race for 500 miles with a broken arm. My kind of guy.”

He was also quoted as saying “My view is, why say, ever, anything bad about a person? Why don’t we like them and celebrate them and be happy for her elevation to the ticket? And just say that she was a good choice for him and we disagree with them?” (were you listening, media pundits?)

Is this the same Bill Clinton that served 8 years in the White House? Has age mellowed him out a little? Or is he just ticked that Hillary was snubbed by the Liberals and he secretly wants to see them fail miserably?

Labels: ,

Continue reading..

2 Comments:

At 8:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to think that Bill was being sincere, but his history indicates otherwise. This is merely 2012 campaigning in my view. He wants Obama to lose (hey, I agree with him for once!) so Hillary can try again in 2012.

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger Ms.Green said...

You may very well be right, Neil. God has been dealing with me about trying to give everyone the benefit of the doubt up front, and I was trying to practice that with Clinton - but past behavior does have a lot of bearing on perception of present behavior, doesn't it? *smile*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home