Thinking Out Loud - Ms. Green

Commentaries from a female, conservative Christian worldview. Intermittent observations on human behavior and current events. Occasional bursts of personal tirades,confessions, and discoveries. Frequent discussions about my "Narrow-Minded Faith".

<< Back to Main Page

Saturday, December 8, 2007

What Mitt Romney's Faith Speech Didn't Tell You

I didn’t hear it, but I read the transcript.

He said a lot of good sounding things, as well as some not so good ones.
___________________________________________

Sounds good:

"There are some who may feel that religion is not a matter to be seriously considered in the context of the weighty threats that face us. If so, they are at odds with the nation's founders…”

"I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and the Savior of mankind."


"No religion should dictate to the state nor should the state interfere with the free practice of religion."

"We should acknowledge the Creator as did the Founders - in ceremony and word. He should remain on our currency, in our pledge, in the teaching of our history, and during the holiday season, nativity scenes and menorahs should be welcome in our public places. … I will take care to separate the affairs of government from any religion, but I will not separate us from 'the God who gave us liberty."

"Americans acknowledge that liberty is a gift of God, not an indulgence of government."


Doesn’t sound good:

"A person should not be elected because of his faith nor should he be rejected because of his faith."

"Each religion has its own unique doctrines and history. These are not bases for criticism but rather a test of our tolerance."

"For if he becomes president he will need the prayers of the people of all faiths."

"I believe that every faith I have encountered draws its adherents closer to God."

What he did not say is more significant than what he did say.

He did not say:

That his religion teaches that God was not always God –that He was once merely a man.

That his religion teaches that Jesus is not God, but only God’s Son.

That his religion teaches that Jesus and Lucifer were brothers.

That his religion teaches that God is not the only God – there are an infinite number of gods.

That his religion teaches that God is flesh and bone.

That his religion teaches that he, Mitt Romney, can one day obtain Godhood and rule his own planet.


We don’t need a man in the Whitehouse who thinks he’s going to be a god someday. Too much power. Who’s to say that he might not decide to start practicing to be a god while he’s running the most powerful country on earth?

Labels: ,

Continue reading..

8 Comments:

At 8:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What his speech did show was this:

America, for all of its talk, is still run by religious talibanis. They would never trust/support anyone unless he/she follows their 'definition' of God and religion.

This is exactly the intolerance I have been talking about. And, you prove my point! (For the record, I like Huckabee better than Romney for various reasons.)

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Ms.Green said...

American, I "prove your point"? That what, I'm like the taliban?

I still can't figure out why you are hanging around. If you don't like the way this blog is handled, why don't you just move on to one that you do like? After all, there's probably millions to choose from.

And the reason you get to say what you do on my blog is because I allow you to. I have comment moderation, so no comment gets posted without my permission. Does that sound like the taliban to you?

Geez.

As for your statement that you like Huckabee better than Romney, I doubt seriously that you are going to vote Republican/conservative at all. That would go against everything you appear to stand for.

 
At 5:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I end up supporting more conservatives than democrats. Because, I am probably a much bigger conservative than you are. My conservative stand doesn't come from the religion or God that I may or may not believe in. It comes from the common sense and common good for society. And, more importantly, it comes from the respect and value that I show to other people and their lives. Two of my most favorite candidates are Ron Paul and Tom Tancredo. Go figure!

As to your comments on why I read your blog: Well, you are one of the many blogs that I read on regular basis. Feel free to ban my commnets. You have full fredom and right to do so.

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Ms.Green said...

I'm not threatening to ban your comments. I was taking issue with your comment:

"America, for all of its talk, is still run by religious talibanis. They would never trust/support anyone unless he/she follows their 'definition' of God and religion.

This is exactly the intolerance I have been talking about. And, you prove my point! "

I don't see Christians running around cutting people's heads off or forcing others at gunpoint or swordpoint to accept Jesus as their Saviour. Don't compare Christians to the Taliban. It doesn't help your credibility.

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger Al-Ozarka said...

Hmmm...tolerance..."religious" talibans...

Which taliban is in an all out effort to force every individual to accept the theory of evolution as fact?

Which taliban is it that does not tolerate those of us who see homosexuality as sexual perversion?

Which taliban is it that demands women and "doctors" have the right to execute the unborn for convenience sake?

If you want to divide militant intolerant groups into little talibans, American, you'll be making a long list.

But mainstream fundamentalists can not be included. Of all groups...it is most tolerant. Look around.

 
At 7:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ms. Green,

Great thoughts on Mitt and his false Mormon religion.

I had high hopes for Huckabee until some of his past and present statements came to light. It appears he would be a danger to our Republic, even though he may be a born again Christian.

See the American thinker article:
http://www.americanthinker.com/printpage/?url=http://www.americanthinker.com/2007/12/the_huckabee_hustle.html
He seems to accurately compare Huckabee to Jimmah Carter!! Ugggg.

And then the National Review Online:
http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=NjgzMzYzY2Y1ZjAxNTg5YzAzNzY2MjMwOWYxNWM0ZTc=

Who do Conservative Christians vote for???? That is an impossible question.

In Christ eternally,

ExP(Jack)

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Clean Cut said...

Ms. Green,
I have three things to say.
1. You have just proven yourself to be a bigot.
2. Why would Romney have needed to say any of those things? Mormons don't even say them to themselves.
3. The impression you give of an evangelical christian is not a very positive one for those of us who do not believe exactly like you.

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Ms.Green said...

I don't understand why you would call me a bigot simply for telling the truth. Everything that I said about what the Mormon religion teaches is true. But I don't hate Mormons. I don't hate anyone. I just hate false religion - because it leads people to hell.

It's unfortunate that the Internet does not accomodate for body language, facial expressions, etc., or you would know from being face to face with me that my passion is to see people find the truth of Christianity. If I didn't care about others' salvation, I sure wouldn't expose myself to so many hateful remarks.

I have Mormon friends and they confirm that everything I mentioned about Mormonism is true. They've been in the religion a long time and didn't learn all of it at once - but it is all taught. And it's contrary to the Bible.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home