Thinking Out Loud - Ms. Green

Commentaries from a female, conservative Christian worldview. Intermittent observations on human behavior and current events. Occasional bursts of personal tirades,confessions, and discoveries. Frequent discussions about my "Narrow-Minded Faith".

<< Back to Main Page

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Disingenuousness

Main Entry: dis·in·gen·u·ous
Pronunciation: \ˌdis-in-ˈjen-yə-wəs, -yü-əs-\
Function: adjective
Date: 1655
: lacking in candor; also : giving a false appearance of simple frankness : calculating— dis·in·gen·u·ous·ly adverb
— dis·in·gen·u·ous·ness noun


One thing I have a lot of trouble with is disingenuousness.

What do I mean by that?

I can totally disagree with someone and still have respect for them. But being honest gains more respect from me than dishonesty.

I have more respect for the person who says “I don’t see anything wrong with abortion and think it should be perfectly legal in all circumstances” than I do for the person who says “I’m personally against abortion, but I believe every woman should have a right to choose.”

The first person has a stand, believes what they believe, and offers no apology.

The second person is disingenuous – they say that they are against abortion, but are they really? Do they really think it’s ok for a woman to choose to rip an unborn baby from its protective environment inside its mother and brutally burn it to death with a saline solution or puncture its skull? Don’t tell me you are personally against something like this and then be willing to stand by idly while others engage in this type of horrific murder of the innocent.

There is another area of disingenuousness in society today and it concerns homosexuality.

Political correctness has succeeded in bullying people into submission to the “homosexuality is normal” crowd.

There was a time not too many years ago when you could randomly survey just about anyone in this country and ask them if they thought homosexuality was normal and healthy – and their response would be “are you kidding? It’s perverted. Two men French kissing? Gross. Two women romantically involved? Sick. And what they do in the bedroom? No mental pictures please. And keep them away from my kids!

No one can deny this fact. Up until about 40 or 50 years ago, homosexuality was seen as and treated as a mental illness, a perversion, a sickness. It was a choice of lifestyle. Even homosexuals themselves overwhelmingly believed and admitted that they were not born homosexual, but chose that lifestyle – in most instances because they had an experience with an older member of the same sex who introduced them to that lifestyle.

Enter the radical homosexual activists. In just a few decades, they were able to bully the American Psychiatric Association into taking homosexuality off of their list of sexual deviations. They went to Hollywood and started producing movies that were “gay friendly” and sympathetic. They gained ground in the print media, and greater ground in the higher institutions of learning in this country.

They repeated their mantras over and over again.

Homosexuals are born that way.
Homosexuality is normal.
Homosexuals are no different than heterosexuals.
Homosexuals are family oriented.
Homosexuals are monogamous.


So it appears that people overall today at the very least tolerate the lifestyle, and at the most, condone and even glorify it. Those of us who know the truth, that it is still a perverse, abnormal lifestyle, have a choice to make. We can remain politically correct and stay silent, or we can say we personally believe it's a perversion, but since maybe they’re born that way, maybe they should have the same rights as heterosexuals. Shame on us who know the truth and are afraid to speak out.

It is normal to be repulsed by something that is abnormal and strange. How many men who claim they are open minded and don’t have a problem with other guys who are gay would still feel that way if some guy just suddenly walked up to them and gave them a big sloppy kiss right on the mouth?

How many women who say they are sympathetic toward homosexuality would be extremely offended if a woman came up to them and caressed them in a provocative and sexual way?

Now the most disingenuous of all- Christians who claim the Bible doesn’t speak against homosexuality.

The Bible says very clearly that homosexuality is a sin. Don’t even attempt to post here and say otherwise because you won't be published. Every argument against the statement has been disproved. Even atheists will tell you the Bible does teach that homosexuality is sin and an abomination to God. The early church fathers acknowledged that it was sin. The great men of God throughout the last 2000 years have acknowledged that it was a sin. It has only been in the last 40 or 50 years that (coinciding with the radical homosexual agenda) Christians have begun to question their own teachings (i.e.” The Word of God’s teachings) on the subject. And thus, the liberal Christian – the church that has given in to political correctness and has become “inclusive” and “affirming” is the greatest purveyor of disingenuousness over this abomination to God.

I have actually read Christians to say that they “prayed about it” and God showed them that homosexuality is no different from heterosexuality, and that anyone who condemns the practice is a bigot and hateful. But they won’t be pinned down. When asked what it was in God’s Word that jumped out at them and helped them realize that we’ve all been wrong for 2000 years, they never gave a clear answer. Instead, they go back to the tired old claims that the Bible doesn’t really say what it says.

What goes hand in hand with homosexuality? It’s fornication. When I asked a liberal Christian recently about fornication, I never received a straight answer. I asked, if you don’t believe that the Bible condemns homosexuality, do you believe it condemns fornication?

Silence.

Silence speaks in this situation. Silence says that yes, I know in my heart that homosexuality is condemned in Scripture. I know that homosexuals are predominantly promiscuous and that they are fornicators, but I won’t admit it.

Stop being disingenuous. Just say it. "I know homosexuality and fornication are condemned in the Bible, but I don’t care what the Bible says."

My respect for you will be greater than it is now.

Labels: , , ,

Continue reading..

15 Comments:

At 5:29 PM, Blogger Eric said...

Personally, I know gay people. I even like them as people. Gosh! Imagine that! But I don't approve of their lifestyle, and I don't mince words about it.

I HAVE been sexually approached by gay men in the past, and it is VERY offensive to me. I have been touched in inappropriate ways by gay men, and it gives me chills to think about it.

But as I see it... if we give in to the homosexual agenda today, will NAMBLA seek special status tomorrow? Of course they will. More importantly, if we give in we can expect to see cross-dressers in the Church office, in the mens and ladies rooms at Wal-Mart. It will become impossible to protect our children from the perversions that will be spawned by our indifference.

You hate Disingenuousness? Ditto that, says I. But we'd best add Indifference to the list as well. It's just as deadly.

All of this clearly shows that we are living in the last days... the Laodicean Church; neither hot nor cold. But please note that Jesus called them a "church" ...real Christians asleep at the helm unaware that its own Exxon Valdez moment is right around the bend.

 
At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen! I appreciate people who at least say what they really think instead of pretending with the "I believe the Bible . . . except the parts I don't like" routine.

 
At 12:18 AM, Blogger Marshal Art said...

There is us. I believe that those of us who hold fast to blatantly obvious Biblical truths, and do so without apology, are those who represent the Church that Christ said needed to fall before the end times come. We who deal with our own shortcomings and sinful compulsions for which we ask forgiveness, from which we seek to repent, for which we seek no justification, we must "keep the faith" as it were.

I, too, have known homosexuals, one of which, with whom I was somewhat close, died of AIDS. I wish I had been aware before he'd gotten sick, and I wish I had the courage to find out where his head was truly at regarding whether or not he sought forgiveness. That episode left me feeling ashamed, but he did know where I stood and he didn't hate me for it. He knew I was sorry for him and still was fond of him. But I won't let myself remain silent on such things anymore. I don't believe I'm supposed to.

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Al-Ozarka said...

I'm no homophobe. I'll call them fags to their faces if given the chance.

I h'ain't 'fraid o' no ghost!

LOL!

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger Marshal Art said...

That's really not necessary Al-o, nor is it very classy or honorable. Even worse, it will do absolutely nothing for having a positive impact upon them.

 
At 3:02 AM, Blogger Andrew Clarke said...

I think you are quite right. The Bible says what is says, and to deny it is wicked dishonesty in an effort to evade the point. And it is the opinion of at least one highly qualified doctor that people are NOT born homosexual, they choose it. If you want to compare notes, my blog is http://threeswans.blogspot.com Feel free to visit and comment.

 
At 6:04 AM, Blogger Ms.Green said...

Al, I agree with Marshall. Having had private conversations with you over the last year or two, I don't think this statement really represents who you are or how you witness. I think your statement is related to dealing with in-your-face unrepentant militant homosexuals. But if you met someone in that sin (as in any other sin, for a lost person) you would be more interested in showing them they need to be saved than in calling them names.

The militants tend to have an angry spirit, and it tends to rub off on us too sometimes.

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Al-Ozarka said...

Marshall Art and Ms. Green,

There is nothing dishonorable about speaking truth to perversion. In fact, if good people had been "classy", they would have not allowed fagness to rule our day and age.

If a fag throws his perversion in my face, I'll throw it right back.

On the other hand, I've had and continue to have friends who are gay.

I enjoy their company because they keep their perversions to themselves and don't try and force me to accept their open perversions.

They know how I feel about their choices and don't have a problem with it. They know that I don't give a flip about what they do behind closed doors as consenting adults...not my beeswax.

I don't ask people if they are queer. I also don't ask people if they are child-molesters or rapists. I don't ask people if they are straight.

But if they tell me they are a pervert, I have every reason to call them a pervert. Even if their perversions do not include sexual relationships with individuals (or groups)of the same sex.

A fag is a fag. A dike is a dike. a whore is a whore. A whoremonger is a whoremonger. A pedophile is a pedophile. A rapist is a rapist.

Perverts ARE perverts.

God doesn't hate fags and neither do I. I hate the perversions...and I hate the militant way in which many queers constantly promote their perverted lifestyles. And I hate it that good people have stood back and allowed our great nation to become influenced by perversions of EVERY stripe.

Good people who are afraid to speak truth to those perversions.

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Marshal Art said...

Hurling epithets is NOT speaking truth. It is merely a reflection of your own shortcomings and will likely be viewed as such by those you hope to influence. I can understand your passion, and share it myself as I see what they are trying to do to our kids in the schools and our culture in general. But being a jerk won't get it done and and being a jerk is that to which name calling reduces us. Take the high road at all times. It leaves a deeper impression.

I use as evidence Michael Yon's book, "Moment of Truth in Iraq" which I just finished reading. He cites as a main reason for our progress in Iraq the manner in which our forces deal with, not only the average citizen, but the bad guys taken prisoner. It has impressed everyone there in a most positive way, including those who at one time opposed our troops.

The same goes in this battle. Getting in the faces of those who try to get in yours is a push at best. One needn't be crass while standing up for truth.

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Clean Cut said...

I have to agree with Marshall Art. I would expand this also to include conversations with people of other faiths...

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Ms.Green said...

I don't agree with calling names either, because my sins were just as capable of sending me to hell as the sin of homosexuality. We're not to compare ourselves to others in order to feel righteous. If we are saved, our righteousness comes from God, not ourselves. But that does not change the fact that homosexuality is an abomination to God and for others to deny that is...well...it's just a denial.

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Ms.Green said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger Erudite Redneck said...

Quit making stuff up, Ms. Green. God's Word is Jesus Christ. The Bible says nothing -- no single thing -- about homosexuality. You say it does. But it doesn't. What you say is junque. Not the Bible.

 
At 12:35 AM, Blogger Marshal Art said...

Not that I mind, but your links in your last comment took me to Blogger where my name was at the top. I don't think that's what you meant.

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger Ms.Green said...

Sorry about that, Marshall. I am reposting:

In reponse to this post on being disingenuous, I found this. He links to this post of mine and one of a fellow blogger and basically calls it junk. God's Word is junk to him when it says homosexuality is a sin.

And then one of the comments by one of the blog's guests was this:

Still visiting the cess pools of the internet, ER? ;)

In good news, the PCUSA did some pretty cool things at our General Assembly this week (re: LGBT ordination, efforts at making peace, ecumenical relationships, etc..)

Notice he considers it cool to ordain Lesbian/Gay/Bisexual/Transgender individuals and to enter in to ecumenical relationships (i.e.: joining together with others whose doctrine is unscriptural). Doctrine means nothing, because God's Word is not their authority.

Sad. Proves my point.

Also, notice how quickly he came to this blog and said I was "making things up" about what the Bible says.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home