Thinking Out Loud - Ms. Green

Commentaries from a female, conservative Christian worldview. Intermittent observations on human behavior and current events. Occasional bursts of personal tirades,confessions, and discoveries. Frequent discussions about my "Narrow-Minded Faith".

<< Back to Main Page

Monday, June 23, 2008

George Carlin

I don't have any beliefs or allegiances. I don't believe in this country, I don't believe in religion, or a god, and I don't believe in all these man-made institutional ideas” George Carlin 1937-2008

Sadly, he believes now, but it’s too late.

God is longsuffering. He gave Carlin 71 years to give up his pride and change his mind. Carlin had everything,(fame, fortune, etc.) but never acknowledged Who gave it to him.
Continue reading..

3 Comments:

At 12:06 AM, Blogger Marshal Art said...

I heard a piece of an audiot posted on either yahoo or aol. In it, he says he's grateful for what he's gotten out of life. I wonder to whom he was grateful? Funny guy. Not very bright.

 
At 6:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He was quite funny back when I was into crude humor. Although for all we know he may have converted on his deathbed like my grandfather. Yet, given his animosity toward God I doubt it.

 
At 6:43 AM, Blogger Ms.Green said...

Deathbed conversions are a reality and I'd take them over final and total rejection any day.

Before I got saved, I used to hear about deathbed conversions and thought that was the most unfair thing I'd ever heard of- why should someone who's lived their whole life as a mean, spiteful, hateful person be able to repent and be saved at the last second, and someone else who lived a "good life" and was a "good person" never repented and didn't get saved.

I now realize I was looking at grace through my carnal mind. I realize now that God offers all an opportunity for salvation - and that the truth is, there is none good, just as the Bible says, because we compare ourselves to others instead of to God.

I thought I was a good person, but looking back now, I see my life was full of sin of all kinds and I just didn't see it as sin, because I considered sin to be only horrific acts such as murder, rape, or torture.

We humans do struggle with pride, don't we?

Deathbed conversions are a sign of a loving and longsuffering God - I'm sure the thief on the cross would say so.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home