Thinking Out Loud - Ms. Green

Commentaries from a female, conservative Christian worldview. Intermittent observations on human behavior and current events. Occasional bursts of personal tirades,confessions, and discoveries. Frequent discussions about my "Narrow-Minded Faith".

<< Back to Main Page

Friday, August 29, 2008

Brilliant!

This strategic move, this calculated, well timed, closely guarded until just the right moment decision is nothing short of brilliant.

I've followed and admired Palin for a while now, and when I read that she was a possible candidate, I doubted seriously that she had a chance. Didn't think she would be even remotely considered - she was only on the list for appearance's sake.

What a shock. But this shock changed my whole outlook.

Talk about timing. Talk about coup d'état. I'm pleasantly, cautiously,encouraged.

The success or failure of a presidency depends largely on those who surround and advise the president. I haven't seen anything significant in McCain's campaign to indicate that he was receiving wise counsel. But this decision changes my outlook. This decision tells me that behind the scenes, maybe...just maybe...there was talk about those of us who had decided to sit this one out. Those of us who were so disgusted with the GOP that we were willing to hand over the job to the enemy - in hopes that there would be something to salvage of this country four years from now that a new, revived and back-to-the-right GOP would seek with a vengeance - and with a new respect and back-to-its-roots attitude and a candidate to match. Maybe they got the message - and just in the nick of time I might add. The VP choice will make the difference. I'm ready to abjure. I'll pull the lever. I'll give the GOP one last chance.

I would not be doing this had it been Lieberman, Ridge, Romney, or any of the other tired faces.

I'll bet I'm not alone. And watch the Hillary fans desert the DNC in droves.

All that talk about RACISM from the Obama camp every time someone criticizes him - they had better tread lightly - lest THEY be accused of SEXISM.

Keep your inner circle, McCain. You might just pull it off.

Labels:

Continue reading..

6 Comments:

At 9:09 AM, Blogger Eric said...

All I can add is "Amen"

 
At 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Briliant? ha haa!!
Oh well - I understand - how can you ever disagree with your partyline? :)

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Ms.Green said...

Where have you been, anon? I've been saying for months that I was disgusted with the GOP and had decided not to vote at all rather than give McCain my vote.

This choice has changed everything. He and his advisors have evidently seen the light.

You are laughing now. You may not be after the election. We'll just have to wait and see.

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Marshal Art said...

Those who can't see the brilliance of this move are likely greatly lacking in brilliance themselves. This has made an impression on people from both sides of the political spectrum. Box up that partisanship for a moment and view things objectively.

 
At 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Romney or Huckabee would have been ideal. This is a bad choice! Now the news of her daughter being pregnant...Oh my....what kind of parenting is that? Kids making kids disturbs me.

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Ms.Green said...

So, Anon, you think good parenting always produces good kids? And what constitutes a good kid? Someone who never makes a mistake?

Palin's daughter's pregnancy has no bearing whatsover on her qualifications. I find it ironic and hypocritical that the liberals are all over this - when THEY are the party that not only encourages out-of-wedlock births, but rewards them and promotes sexual irresponsibility and experimentation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home