Thinking Out Loud - Ms. Green

Commentaries from a female, conservative Christian worldview. Intermittent observations on human behavior and current events. Occasional bursts of personal tirades,confessions, and discoveries. Frequent discussions about my "Narrow-Minded Faith".

<< Back to Main Page

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Scriptures on the Loss of a Loved One

Losing a loved one is hard, even if that loved one is now in the presence of God in heaven. We miss them, and long to see them again. We accept their death, but mourn their absence.

God’s Word has the supernatural ability to comfort us when we need it. Here are some of the verses I found for those who may have just lost someone dear to them.

Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.” Psalms 116:15

"Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted." Matthew 5:4

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:” John 11:25

I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.” Revelation 1:18

The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.” I Corinthians 15:26

For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.” II Corinthians 5:1

For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.” I Corinthians 15:53

Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.” Ecclesiastes 12:7

But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave: for he shall receive me. Selah. Psalm 49:15

Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.” Luke 20:36

And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.” John 6:40

Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.” John 8:51

But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:” II Timothy 1:10

He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces;…” Isaiah 25:8

So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.” I Corinthians 15:54

I hope that if you are reading this because you were searching for comfort, that God’s Word has done just that for you. I leave you with this wonderful promise for the child of God:

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.” Revelation 21:4

Labels:

Continue reading..

1 Comments:

At 8:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi,
Thanks for the wonderful words of comfort. I love them!!
My name is Stew. I am looking for words of comfort for my friend Richard, who's Dad (Gary) is wanting to go home to be with 'his' Daddy! (God, that is).
I will share these with Richard!

God, recently revealed something to me, something that we Christians should already know, but most (I think) do not realize.
Once we close our eyes for the last time....We immediately open them again with the last 'trump' call when Jesus returns for His church at the end of the age. Because, once we die, we are then moved outside of 'time' and we are NO longer aware of the passing of time. So, weather 1 second has passed or 10,000 years, it would seem instantaneous!!
I drew great comfort from that, feel free to share that if you wish.
Take care and God bless.
Stewart.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home