Thinking Out Loud - Ms. Green

Commentaries from a female, conservative Christian worldview. Intermittent observations on human behavior and current events. Occasional bursts of personal tirades,confessions, and discoveries. Frequent discussions about my "Narrow-Minded Faith".

<< Back to Main Page

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Who are the Real Haters? Part 2

I did not become a Christian till just 9 years ago. I've always been a conservative. I've always had what I call "family values", but there was a time in my life when I had no problem with homosexuality at all. When I was young, there were lesbians and gay people I knew, and I was friends with quite a few. I still run into a few of them in town occasionally, and it's always good to see them and I care about them and their well being. But they were different than gays I see today are.
They weren't radical. They weren't "in your face".

They all had a story to tell. Most of the girls had been sexually molested by Dad, brother, or Uncle. The guys for the most part had either absent fathers or extremely dominating mothers who doted on them. I don’t ever remember any of them saying that they thought they were “born that way” – they all gave their environment, their experiences as reasons for why they had chosen their lifestyle. They pretty much stayed to themselves, and didn’t push their lifestyle or flaunt it in front of those they knew would disapprove. Live and let live, so to speak.

I understood why the lesbians were the way they were. They hated men because the men in their lives had abused them. I could understand that. I tried to tell them sometimes that all guys weren’t like that, but they’d just roll their eyes and sneer at me.

I admit, I never quite understood why the guys were they way they were.

The reason I say all this is because so often Christians are called haters and intolerant. I've been called that myself.

Admittedly, I have seen some pretty strong language used against homosexuals in general and have seen a spirit of hate/spite/anger in others in their condemnation of this sin. I’ve felt those same emotions myself at times.

But that’s because things are different than they were.

In my life, having been saved from my own sins too numerous to list, I realize what a perversion of God’s natural order of things that homosexuality really is, and I know that if God says something is a sin, it is a sin. He’s God. I’m not. I also realize that homosexuality, like all other sin, is a stronghold and a burden – one that God can release anyone from. But because of the radical, in-your-face militant extremist nature of the homosexual political movement today, you can’t come near a gay or lesbian to discuss the possibility that maybe their lifestyle is not good, not good for them, and in fact detrimental to them physically, emotionally, and spiritually.

Read this article and get back with me.



Christians have always seen homosexuality as a sin because God’s Word says it is. But we didn’t start becoming so vocal until the radical homosexual movement started pushing their agenda. And seeking to destroy Christianity.

They started it. Not the Christians. We don’t hate THEM. We hate their SIN. We hate their defiance toward God and His Word. We don’t hate THEM.

But they hate US.
Continue reading..

10 Comments:

At 10:44 PM, Blogger Marshal Art said...

Absolutely true, Ms. Green. I've even heard some insist there is no such thing as a "gay agenda" but then they clam up when I refer to the book, "After The Ball".

I think it is extremely important to continue to stand opposed even as their ploy has gotten as bad as it has. They have momentum so people need to speak out in love and more importantly, in patience, because they WILL try to shout you down.

I also get a hard time from those who defend them for refusing to use words improperly, such as "gay". Instead, I use homosexual or lesbian, or I abbreviate using "homo", "homosex" or "lez" for the sake of ease. Naturally, I'm accused of being offensive for using "homo", but I don't much care. I think it's a false accusation in order to muddy the debate when their arguments fail.

Anyway, I'm beginning to ramble. Good post.

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger Eric said...

The article you cite merely shows how much of a "beachhead" the enemy already has. But to threaten churches with their tax-exempt status? So what. Jesus said "render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's." I'd prefer my church willingly surrender its tax-exempt status so that our pastor could freely speak out against specific candidates from the pulpit. This way if the Gay & Lesbian movement every caught wind of our church's stand against the Homosexual lifestyle they could cry all day long and not constrain us or stop us. Besides which, this whole notion of "tax-exempt status" is simply a leash the government uses to ensure the religious right stays "in the yard."

Well, sorry! Jesus commanded us to go into ALL THE WORLD... not just the government yard, under the government's rules and less than benevolent and watchful eye. "Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's" is what Jesus said. But He didn't say 'render unto Caesar the thing's which are mine...'

I welcome the revocation of my church's tax-exempt status. In my best George W. Bush imitation... "Bring it on!"

The only real danger then is, as the article points out, a showdown between the 1st Amendment and a protected class of citizenry based solely on sexual orientation. And the only way we can lose that fight is if we allow through inaction or indifference the election of men like Barack Obama.

I understand your reluctance to vote McCain. Just as I understand TugboatCapn's reluctance. But when you consider that had Gore been successful in stealing the '00 election... were it not for George W. Bush's appointment's of Roberts and Alito... we would have lost our 2nd amendment right to posses and bear arms yesterday.

McCain is no prince of a conservative, but Barack Hussein Obama...? To allow him the presidency through inaction, or indifference, or just plain 'ole down to earth disgust with the Republican party and its candidate, you allow Barack Obama to appoint judges and injustices that will hasten the defeat of the Christian right in America.

It is easier to keep a ship from running aground than it is to drag it off the sandbar. It would have been easier by far to appoint judges that would NOT have discovered a Constitutional right to an abortion in 1973, than to overturn Roe v Wade in all the 35 years that have followed since.

If we allow Obama to appoint judges like the ones he currently admires on the U.S. Supreme Court, we are in effect, giving the victory to the Homosexual agenda.

And this is just ONE issue. Consider all the other issues the Supremes have decided recently, and imagine as well all the issues that COULD come up in the next eight years. What happens if Obama stacks 3 more Liberal Judges on the Supreme Court before the end of his second term?

I fear for my country. But I fear for my freedom to worship God openly more. I don't like McCain, but I like the threat of an Obama presidency far less.

[and I like this comment so much I'm posting it at my place...]

 
At 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard this quote on the radio recently. It describes the GLBTQ movement well: "Truth sounds like hate to those that hate the truth."

They also know how to manipulate words and to say we are the haters.

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Al-Ozarka said...

Let's talk about agendas.

If you click the link above, you'll come to an article about the "Rick and Steve" show on Logo. I happened to be surfing through my DirecTV channels yesterday and caught a glimpse of it as I did so. I immediately went back to the channel to discover a disgusting animated show promoting not just gaydom but profane gaydom. One scene had a pastor from a pulpit saying, "In the name of the father, the son, and the holy threesome"!

Which is why, when a fag slaps me in the face with his fagness, I'll slap him back with same.

Disgusting creeps!

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Al-Ozarka said...

To be fair, the rating of the show was MA. For some reason, however, my parental lock mechanism did not prompt me to enter the code and displayed the show despite my programmed restrictions.

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Ms.Green said...

Al Ozarka,

I did not publish your last comment listing the different slang terms used for homosexuals. I don’t want to be accused of condoning those terms, because I don’t condone them.

You and I are in total agreement as to the disgusting agenda of the radical homosexual movement. But personal conviction keeps me from allowing publishing those types of names here. I hope you understand. I’m called much worse by others almost daily – in emails and in comments that I refuse to publish. But I don’t want to retaliate in that way.

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Al-Ozarka said...

I understand, Ms. Green.

Still, who ever said that we should honor a pervert's choice of a label for him/herself?

And to make something clear-I am absolutely convinced NONE of those terms are offensive to gays.

Despite what they might claim.

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Ms.Green said...

Still, who ever said that we should honor a pervert's choice of a label for him/herself?

And to make something clear-I am absolutely convinced NONE of those terms are offensive to gays
.

There is some truth in what you say - just as blacks will throw around the "N" word with each other, homosexuals will throw around their own slang to each other... I've heard it firsthand.

But I still have convictions about doing so myself.

I appreciate your understanding.

 
At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am one of those gays! I go to church most Sundays and have most my life.

I pray, I try to love Jesus as best as I can, as am I sure many of you do.

I had a great dad, and a great mom, and a liking for the same sex absolutely as long as I can remember.

I prayed too many years for Jesus to take this away but it never went away.

I have no agenda but I try to live right and I hope one day to make it to heaven. I hope one day many of you - if you make it to heaven are surprised at the many you judged that have made it to heaven too.

I HOPE that his Grace and blood are stronger than most Christians thing.

Just my hope.


*SIGHS*

Christopher

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Ms.Green said...

Christopher,

I'm sure that it took some thought and maybe a little courage for you to post here, and I respect that. I also get the idea that you are not one of the "radicals" that I mention in my post. You seem sincere in saying that you want to be released from your lifestyle, but have given up. You also seem to want to genuinely have a relationship with God. I know of numerous individuals who HAVE been released from that lifestyle, and I'm presently working with someone, Mentoring them and going through a program with them called "Reach Truth". You can find them online. It's a Christian organization that works with individuals desiring to please God and come out of their lifestyle.
The first thing you have to do to have a real relationship with Jesus Christ is to be born again. In order to be born again you have to come to God humbly and confess your sins - ALL of your sins, and truly repent in sorrow that they were the reason Jesus had to be tortured and had to die on the cross, and believe in your heart that He paid the price for your sins and that you can only go to heaven through trusting in Him instead of your own works. Without sorrow and repentance and a willingness to turn from your sins, you cannot be saved. But once you are saved, God WILL do a work in your life and change you from the inside.
I pray for you and that God will touch your life in more ways than you ever imagined, and that you will come to truly know Jesus Christ as your Saviour.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home