Thinking Out Loud - Ms. Green

Commentaries from a female, conservative Christian worldview. Intermittent observations on human behavior and current events. Occasional bursts of personal tirades,confessions, and discoveries. Frequent discussions about my "Narrow-Minded Faith".

<< Back to Main Page

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Patriots are Racist

I was listening to NPR today (National Public Radio), not because I like their left-wing radical politics, but because I like classical music. Today when I tuned in, an interview was ongoing between the liberal talk-show hostess and a black political science professor. He was “pointing out” to her and to the audience that “recent studies” have shown that in white America, the more patriotic an individual is, the more likely he is to be racist.

I’m not kidding you. This guy really said that. In White America, as he called it, the flag has come to stand for “white” America and subtle racism – in that, if you don’t look like me (the white guy) then I hate you and you don’t belong here.

My yelling at the radio did not help anything. He continued in his hate speak while the gushing hostess did nothing whatsoever to challenge or question his statements.

So now, because I’m a Patriot and love my country, I’m a racist.

I got mad and put in a CD. I’m wondering now, though, if he didn’t eventually end up referring to Christians as being the primary and most committed patriots, thus throwing us into the racism category as well. Anyone want to bet a flag on that one?

Labels: , ,

Continue reading..

6 Comments:

At 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I can see where the connection is. The basic belief behind 'patriotism' is that 'I love my country'. It comes from the core belief that 'our country is better than other countries'.

So, I won't be surprised if this logic is extended to their raace/ ethnicity/location etc.

It doen't have to be whites. It could be black/hispanic/Indian/Asian.

 
At 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"It comes from the core belief that 'our country is better than other countries'." from above post.

I don't see it that way. I see it as loving and appreciating our country. I do think that we have been one of the most blessed countries, but we cannot take that for granted because God is the source of blessing and due to the fact that we have now turned so far away from God and act like our intellect and own actions are the source; I think we could begin to be a very cursed Nation. We will have no one to blame but ourselves. mom2

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Ms.Green said...

I'm one of those people who flies a flag at my house year round. Guess that makes me an ultra-patriot/racist, huh?

 
At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Flying flag is symbolic. I've a flag even at my work desk. I love my country. I'm not referring to 'regular' behavior here. I'm referring to some ultra-nationalist characters. Deep inside, I'm not really surprised if they think - their people, their color, their ancestory is better than rest of us.

Again - this is applicable to everyone. Not just whites.

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Marshal Art said...

This is merely another example proving that sheepskin doesn't translate into smarts. He can call himself "professor" if he likes, but what he "professes" is absolute stupidity. That's much worse than ignorance.

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Ms.Green said...

You are right Marshall. Some people are definitely educated beyond their intelligence.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home