Thinking Out Loud - Ms. Green

Commentaries from a female, conservative Christian worldview. Intermittent observations on human behavior and current events. Occasional bursts of personal tirades,confessions, and discoveries. Frequent discussions about my "Narrow-Minded Faith".

<< Back to Main Page

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

From Snow to Desert to Rain




Years ago, in 1985, we had severe flooding in northeastern Louisiana. I remember seeing whole neighborhoods under as much as 8 feet of water. Lousiana is already a water plentiful state - but when you add too much extra rainfall, you get flooding.

Gustav came on in to our part of the state Monday night and we've been experiencing torrential rain ever since. When I left work today, I had to wade through about six inches of water to get to my car. Parts of town are under water now, and as I listen to the downpour outside, I pray God will move this out of here soon. I'm also thankful that no one I know lost life or property. I can live with the downed tree limbs and debris covering my yard - I could be floating in a boat right now!
Continue reading..

2 Comments:

At 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you are OK so far! I'll be praying for you.

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Ms.Green said...

Thanks for the prayers, Neil. Things are looking a little better now. It's Thursday evening and at the moment, it is not raining.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home