Thinking Out Loud - Ms. Green

Commentaries from a female, conservative Christian worldview. Intermittent observations on human behavior and current events. Occasional bursts of personal tirades,confessions, and discoveries. Frequent discussions about my "Narrow-Minded Faith".

<< Back to Main Page

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

God and Answered Prayer

I recently had a small pity party and cried out to God.

Why? Why, at 51 years old, having raised 3 boys of my own, and having 3 grandchildren, have You given me an 11-year- old to raise? My youngest boy is 25 years old, God. I wanted some time with my husband…ALONE! Why have You done this?”

After my little party I went on about my daily business.

Within half an hour, God got back with me on my question.

A good friend of mine, out of the blue, asked me if I’d mind if she told me about a personal observation she had concerning the events in my life recently.

“I’ve been thinking. You raised one son and two stepsons that you called your own. Now God has given you an 11-year-old to raise. I wondered why He would do that. Then I realized, He must think you did a pretty good job with the other three…”

I gave her a somewhat startled look, and then told her that God had just used her to answer a question I’d asked Him just a very short time ago. She immediately teared up.

“Why are you crying,” I asked.

She replied, “All week I’ve been praying and asking God to use me and allow me to be an encouragement to someone and lift their spirits.”

I couldn’t help but smile. God had answered both prayers at the same time.

He’s good.

Labels:

Continue reading..

8 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Blogger Matthew said...

Thank you for your posts recently. They have been encouraging and inspiring.

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Ms.Green said...

Thanks, Matthew. That's my hope in writing them.

There is no purpose in life without Jesus Christ. None. Life is meaningless without Him.

Jesus is hope. Nothing and no one else is.

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger nanc said...

i'm 51 and our two teens want us to adopt a little brother!

we, too, are looking forward to more date nights and to our children's independence.

as one of my cousins told me when she and i were going through a similar situation in each of our families, "sometimes G-d puts the unlovable in our way to teach us a new way to love and take our sights off ourselves."

 
At 8:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course I can hardly see to write this, my eyes are full of tears...You see, I just had my pity party and asked God this same question today...
(Our daughter and grandchild moved in with us. Our own "baby" is 17.)
I was (almost) free as a bird.
Now suddenly I am a caged (grand)Mother Hen...
I first felt ashamed asking God why. Then I realized that I think other people will look down on me since many of my friends are going back to school, and getting a career. I am just a stay at home grandma/babysitter...
Which I finally was able to honestly say, is my choice of the Greatest Job in the world!
(I thank God I stumbled upon your web page! I was twice blessed!)

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Ms.Green said...

anonymous,

Don't be ashamed that you are a mother and grandmother. It is a very find profession indeed. We help shape the lives of future leaders. I'm sure God will bless you through this, just as He is blessing me through my new "son".

 
At 7:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ms. Green,
Thank you!
I do enjoy my time with my grandchild! I'm thankful I can also teach about the Lord, even to a baby! (Something unlikely to happen at a Day Care Center.)
Ms. Green, I was wondering if you are familiar with the Christian artist "Keith Green?" (His music ministry has greatly helped my faith to blossom!) He is the reason I opened your web page.
The name "Green" caught my eye!
Here is his web page if you would like to check it out!
http://www.lastdaysministries.org/
(God bless you!)

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Ms.Green said...

Anon, I haven't heard of Keith Green, but I'll be sure to check out his webpage. Thanks!

 
At 6:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ms. Green
I think you will be blessed!
Here is another page where you can find articles that really make you think. (For some reason I can only get to this page because I saved it in my favorite place.)
Here it is:
http://www.lastdaysministries.org/articles/articleindex.html

Just click on a Title.
(Many great ones to read!)
You might need kleenex handy for some.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home