Thinking Out Loud - Ms. Green

Commentaries from a female, conservative Christian worldview. Intermittent observations on human behavior and current events. Occasional bursts of personal tirades,confessions, and discoveries. Frequent discussions about my "Narrow-Minded Faith".

<< Back to Main Page

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Praying for the Lost

Christian, do you have someone that you love and care for deeply who is lost? Most of us do. Sometimes it seems that they're never going to get saved, but we need to remember that the God we pray to loves that person even more than we do.

My mother prayed for me my entire life, and died while I was still an agnostic.
My husband and mother in law prayed for me for 12 years. I was a hard case - my husband has admitted to me that he had given up hope that I would ever be saved. My mother-in-law never gave up. Her fervent prayers were answered. God opened my eyes and I responded. And the day I received Jesus as my Savior, in another town that same day, God revealed to my mother in law that I had been saved. She already knew before my husband or I told her. I believe that was God's way of not only rewarding her faithfulness in prayer, but also it was His way of showing me that His grace is vast, His knowledge is perfect, and His presence is made known to those who trust Him. I also believe with all my heart that my Mom in heaven was told that I had come to believe.

If you are praying for someone lost, as I am, and are tempted to give up...don't.

God gave me a song to sing this morning that is a prayer for me to my God on behalf of my lost loved ones. I hope the words are a blessing to you and an encouragement to not give up. Cece Winans sings the song, much better than I as a matter of fact, but my heart is in it as much as anyone's.

He doesn't know his worth
Has the saddest smile on earth
But he denies it.
Love is reaching out to heal
But he won't let it in.
He defies it. He defies it.

He's not ready. He's not on his knees yet.
He's too strong to be weak.
Show him mercy, he's not on his knees yet.

Let him break, please make it better
Put the pieces back together...

He thinks that he's alone
I have walked the road he's on
I know he's searching.
Looking everywhere but up
He can't fill his empty cup
So he keeps hurting, he keeps hurting.

He's not ready. He's not on his knees yet.
He's too strong to be weak.
Show him mercy, he's not on his knees yet.

Let him break, please make it better
Put the pieces back together
Lord, help him please
He's not on his knees.....

...yet.


Don't stop praying for the lost. I'm thankful I had someone praying for me all those years.


"...The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." James 5:16

Labels:

Continue reading..

1 Comments:

At 2:23 PM, Blogger Neil said...

Beautifully said, Ms. Green. I often wonder who had prayed for me so much over the years and still does! I imagine we'll learn all sorts of interesting things like that in Heaven.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home