Thinking Out Loud - Ms. Green

Commentaries from a female, conservative Christian worldview. Intermittent observations on human behavior and current events. Occasional bursts of personal tirades,confessions, and discoveries. Frequent discussions about my "Narrow-Minded Faith".

<< Back to Main Page

Saturday, March 14, 2009

In Whom are You Trusting?

I heard about a woman recently who said the trouble with Obama supporters and liberals in general is in whom they were placing their trust. There was a time in this country when the overwhelming majority placed their trust first and foremost in God. When times got tough, they trusted God to get them through. When troubles arose, they trusted God. When finances were tight, they trusted God. They relied on and applied Biblical principles to their lives, and God got them through their tribulations.

That trust in God has deteriorated and been replaced by trust in government.

There are many different versions and translations of the Bible. I suggest the LIBERAL’S BIBLE:

O GOVERNMENT my God, in thee do I put my trust: save me from all them that persecute me, and deliver me: Liberals’ Psalms 7:1

Preserve me, O GOVERNMENT: for in thee do I put my trust. Liberals’ Psalm 16:1

The GOVERNMENT is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. Liberals’ Psalms 18:2

Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou, the GOVERNMENT hast laid up for them that fear thee; which thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee before the sons of men! Liberals’ Psalms 31:19

Commit thy way unto the GOVERNMENT; trust also in Obama; and he shall bring it to pass. Liberals’ Psalms 37:5

What time I am afraid, I will trust in Obama. Liberals’ Psalms 56:3


For thou art my hope, O Lord GOVERNMENT: thou art my trust from my youth. Liberals’ Psalms 71:5

I will say of the GOVERNMENT, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. Liberals’ Psalms 91:2



And the liberals’ favorite would surely be:

Trust in the GOVERNMENT, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Liberals’ Psalms 37:3




Trust in the GOVERNMENT will always fail you. Trust in the GOVERNMENT will more likely harm you. There is only ONE in Whom we should trust. And it’s not the “one” in the White House.

There is an old saying that some incorrectly believe came from the Bible, but it is nonetheless a wise saying... God helps those who help themselves.

One cannot say that the government helps those who help themselves. No, the government discourages those who help themselves. The government takes from those who help themselves and gives to those who trust in government.

Consider from the True Word of God, not government:

They that trust in their wealth, and boast themselves in the multitude of their riches; None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him: Psalms 49:6-7

Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help. His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish. Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the LORD his God: Psalms 146:3-5

Labels: , ,

Continue reading..

2 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And guns. Don't forget to trust in God, but keep your powder dry just in case.

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Ms.Green said...

Anonymous,

God never intended us to roll over and play dead. Of course there is a time to defend ourselves.

Both Old and New Testaments regard the right of man to defend himself and his family against attackers.

And, as I said in my post...God helps those who help themselves.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home