Thinking Out Loud - Ms. Green

Commentaries from a female, conservative Christian worldview. Intermittent observations on human behavior and current events. Occasional bursts of personal tirades,confessions, and discoveries. Frequent discussions about my "Narrow-Minded Faith".

<< Back to Main Page

Sunday, February 8, 2009

A Suggestion for Obama

Try following the principles of this man.


"I have one great political idea. . . . That idea is an old one. It is widely and generally assented to; nevertheless, it is very generally trampled upon and disregarded. The best expression of it, I have found in the Bible. It is in substance, "Righteousness exalteth a nation; sin is a reproach to any people" [Proverbs 14:34]. This constitutes my politics - the negative and positive of my politics, and the whole of my politics. . . . I feel it my duty to do all in my power to infuse this idea into the public mind."

~ The Rev. Frederick Douglass



Labels:

Continue reading..

2 Comments:

At 8:58 AM, Blogger Marshal Art said...

Unfortunately, this will only work for a people who understand the difference between the two. I've no doubt that some, like Obama, have a different idea of what constitutes sin than I. That is what makes candidate selection as important as it is, and why too many too busy voting on superficial fluff brought us to this point in time. That which is good and beneficial has been losing out to that which is gratifying, its sinfulness disregarded, its harm ignored despite its mounting evidence.

 
At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marshall Arts, you hit it on the head. :Understanding the difference". We live in a time now when most all of Society sees "Light as Dark, and see Dark as Light!" Society has eagerly embraced selfishness, greed, and hateful attitudes that shape their ideology and world view. Without the moral anchor of God's law evident in both our personal lives and full public view, our Nation will continue to slide into a immoral abyss that will only bring destruction and death to a once great and
god fearing people. God have mercy upon us.II KINGS, 7:14 God bless, Herm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home