Thinking Out Loud - Ms. Green

Commentaries from a female, conservative Christian worldview. Intermittent observations on human behavior and current events. Occasional bursts of personal tirades,confessions, and discoveries. Frequent discussions about my "Narrow-Minded Faith".

<< Back to Main Page

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

For or against Homosexuality? Warren can't seem to Decide.

I've never been a fan of Rick Warren. He's too soft on sin and too big on being in the media and being the center of attention. Apparently Joseph Farah has the same feelings about Warren.

Rick Warren's gospel is not one of repentance but of acceptance, which is totally contrary to the message of the Bible. He also sorely lacks in an area that John the Baptist so keenly understood...

Then there arose a question between some of John's disciples and the Jews about purifying. And they came unto John, and said unto him, Rabbi, he [Jesus] that was with thee beyond Jordan, to whom thou barest witness, behold, the same baptizeth, and all men come to him.

John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven. Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him.

He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.

He must increase, but I must decrease.

John 3:25-30

Warren is on magazine covers, book covers, at the White House, in the center of Presidential debates, on television, and anywhere else where there is a limelight.

Warren's personal Purpose-Driven-Life seems to be about increasing, not decreasing.

April 8 Follow up: Warren actually made the following statements (full article here). Keep in mind this is a man who claims to be a Christian and who is supposed to be a spiritual leader responsible for his flock:

"he has "never been and never will be" an "anti-gay or anti-gay marriage activist." [The opposite of anti-gay is pro-gay and the opposite of anti-gay marriage is pro-gay marriage]

" I never support a candidate, but on moral issues I come out very clear."
[Considering his remarks recently, I would say he's not too clear at all]

"I wrote to all my gay friends -- the leaders that I knew -- and actually apologized to them."

[Apologized? About what? You are weak on this issue that it is hard to tell where you actually stand. Your church members have to be confused after getting your letter, which seemed so strongly to support Prop 8, and then finding out you called "all (your) gay friends...and actually apologized to them."]

Why any true Christian follows anything this man says, writes or does is a puzzle to me, and I have friends in my own church who think his Purpose Driven stuff is really great. Sorry, I can't support this man in anything he does because I believe he is a false teacher.


Labels: , , ,

Continue reading..

3 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Herm said...

Ms.Green, I certainly share your views on Rick Warren. He really does seem to enjoy basking in the political limelight that the MSM affords him. His comments always seem to be more about being politically correct than being scripturally sound. The fact that the MSM fonds over him should be a serious wake up call for Warren if he can't seem to understand that Christianity can't be in the world and of the world at the same time. The pure water of the gospel can't be polluted with the impurity of the political and secular views of society. But, this what so many today want to preach, " A no fault, no sin, no hell, gospel".
II Tim. 4:3-4 "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned into fables".
God Bless, Herm

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Rivka said...

I agree on Rick Warren. I really like your site! I will have to link you some time. ;0)

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger Mark said...

Anyone who will voluntarily stand with Obama and offer the invocation at that baby murderer's inauguration is suspect in my book.

I don't know much about Rick Warren, I admit, but he lost all respect from me when he buddied up with Marxist Obama.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home