Thinking Out Loud - Ms. Green

Commentaries from a female, conservative Christian worldview. Intermittent observations on human behavior and current events. Occasional bursts of personal tirades,confessions, and discoveries. Frequent discussions about my "Narrow-Minded Faith".

<< Back to Main Page

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Sonic Epiphany

I had a revelation today. It happened at none other than a Sonic drive-in restaurant.

I pulled up and pushed the button.

Welcome to Sonic, my name is Frederick. May I help you?

Yes, I would like a chicken salad and a medium apple juice.

OK. That’s a chicken salad and a medium apple juice. Would you like a medium cherry limeade with that?

Excuse me?

That’s a chicken salad and a medium apple juice. Would you also like a medium cherry limeade with that, ma’am?

Uh….uh..no thank you. I’ll just take the salad and the apple juice.

Ok. Then that’s a chicken salad and a medium apple juice. That will be $6.59 ma’am. It’ll be right out. Thank you for choosing Sonic.


I sat there, mulling over what had just happened and realized that this was a perfect example of what our country has created…a whole group of people unable or uninspired to think for themselves. People who need someone else to tell them what, when, where and how to say and do everything. Initiative is not encouraged. Fitting in, going with the flow, blending in is the acceptable way to live your life. Thinking outside the box, so to speak, is odd and even looked down on.

That is why Obama got elected. Half of the voting population needs someone to tell them what to do, where to go, what to think, and when to do things.

EVEN IF IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

They need someone to lead them because they are followers. They need someone to take care of them, because they’ve lost the ability and the initiative to take care of themselves.

They are sheep.

And now the wolves are in charge.

Labels: ,

Continue reading..

9 Comments:

At 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ms.Green,
I, sometimes, feel that you tend to brag too much about how smart you are and how stupid others are!! :)

Seriously, you can't seem to stop Obama-bashing, can you?

Remember - when you criticize others for being followers/sheeps etc, non-religious people might be mocking you for the same reasons. It's all relative - what's right for you, may not be acceptable to me.

Best thing is - live your life with passion and pride. Same time, stay humble?

(Sorry - As much as I love your blog, I can't stop being honest)
- V

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger Ms.Green said...

V,

I think you misunderstood. I didn't say anything about intelligence. I'm talking about thinking for oneself. I don't recall "bragging" about "how smart" I am either.

Asking me if I want a drink when I've just ordered another drink shows a lack of thinking for oneself. That is the mentality of much of America.

Bashing? I wouldn't call it bashing. Observing would be a better word.

As for being criticized by others for being a Christian, yes that happens to me frequently. Do I follow Jesus Christ? Absolutely. Am I following blindly? Absolutely not.

Glad you like my blog. Sorry you see me as arrogant. If you knew me personally, you'd know I'm far from it. Remember..it's hard sometimes to read people's mood or countenance online or in emails because you can't see the facial expressions or body language that goes along with the words. I assure you my friend, God keeps me humble - He resists the proud, and I need Him in my life. If I get prideful, He can be very quick to put me in my place. :)

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Marshal Art said...

"That’s a chicken salad and a medium apple juice. Would you also like a medium cherry limeade with that, ma’am?"

"Why would I? I just ordered an apple juice. Are you stoned?"

That would have been my cheeky response. I think some of these service people say things out of habit by virtue of their managment's mandates, but a wise-ass retort can snap them out of it.

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Daffy76 said...

Probably has to say something like that to every customer. At Wendy's (when I worked there in the dark ages) they called it "suggestive selling." But nevertheless, I am often appalled at the lack of coherent thought in our world today.

Last week while using my debit card at Sam's Club, I asked the cashier if I could withdraw an extra $40. Her reply was, "I can't tell you that you can't." If you can figure out what she was getting at, please let me know.

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Ms.Green said...

Probably has to say something like that to every customer.

My first job as a teen was working at McDonalds. We were required to try to "sell up" by offering the customer an additional item when they ordered. There is nothing wrong with that, and it worked about 50% of the time. It's just good salesmanship. Once again, at the risk of sounding monotonous, the fact that I was ordering an apple juice, and that fact was repeated several times, gives credence to my suggestion that we have a society of mindless robots waiting to be told what to do next, what to wear, what to think, what to say, and for whom to vote. They need someone to lead them around because they're incapable of making rational decisions on their own.

Your experience at Sams reminds me of another time when I purchased an item that rang up $19.76. I gave the cashier a twenty and a penny and I though she was going to lose it trying to figure out how much change to give me.

Many of these people are not stupid. They've just had initiative, reasoning and logic educated right out of them. One thing they did learn in school was to be happy with themselves, not to worry about competing, and getting in touch with their "feelings".

A typical Obamanite might say I "feel" that Obama brings "hope" and "change". What does "stimulus" mean? Does that mean I get a check?

The Obama generation.

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Marshal Art said...

"A typical Obamanite might say I "feel" that Obama brings "hope" and "change". What does "stimulus" mean? Does that mean I get a check?"

Funny you should mention this. I was listening to Rush today, and he played a clip of a woman talking on the phone to a company that was attempting to repo her car. She was saying first that the car was actually being repaired, with part of the car at one place and another part elsewhere (don't ask---I have no idea). She said that if they wanted the car that bad they could go and pay the repair bill to get the car and take it, but she's not rich so if they want to "trip" on this over the $1000 she has left to pay, they can go get the care themselves. But later in the year she'll be rich because Obama is president.

I don't know what she thinks Obama is gonna do for her.

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Ms.Green said...

Whoa, Art, you've got to be kidding, right? This was a spoof? Surely she doesn't think Obama is going to make her rich?

Scary stuff. How long before the masses figure out they've been had. Then what will they do?

 
At 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ms.Green, You make a good point, and it seems that society at large has taken such a impersonal attitude. No interpersonal skills, or a desire to create or improve them. "Please don't ask me any questions or make any demands on me.
My big "fitsie" is when I go to Walmart and can't find something. I go looking for a floor clerk to ask for directions or information and if I am fortunate to even locate one, no amount of yelling "CLERK-CLERK!" will gain eye contact or acknowledgment. They make it a foot race to the break room. I just don't go there often anymore. God Bless, Herm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home